Fluffy Butt Acres the Primer

I have finally done it. I created an article that is a basic guide to this thread. I plan on continuing to update it. If anyone has any idea on information which I could also include to help people jumping onto the thread be able to participate without having to read 9,000+ pages, please let me know.

Fluffy Butt Acres: A Primer

Ok first up we have Lilly and Cricket. These 2 little ladies were 11 weeks old Saturday. I want to point out 2 things. First, look at Lilly's copper coloring already. I think if I stopped hatching Marans right now I would have the hen I've been striving to achieve for 2 years now. Second, Cricket's black spots keep multiplying. She hatched out with just 2 little black dots on the back of her neck. I'm confident now that instead of disappearing like I thought they might through each juvenile molt she will keep getting more. She's my little Dalmatian chicken. These 2 also have me trained very well. When it comes time to get on the roost, I know they can do it themselves, they did it for a week. What have I done for the last week and a half now? Remove them from the chair on the porch where they are waiting for me. Walk around the house with 1 or the other on my shoulder and holding the other one and lift them up so they only have to step onto the roost. Grandpa Drumstick would be very proud of those girls as even though he could get up himself he only did it I think 4 or 5 times. He also had to be lifted up so he could just step off my hand.

DSCN8125.JPG
DSCN8126.JPG
DSCN8127.JPG
DSCN8131.JPG
DSCN8151.JPG
DSCN8129.JPG
DSCN8130.JPG
DSCN8133.JPG
DSCN8134.JPG
DSCN8135.JPG

Ok first up we have Lilly and Cricket. These 2 little ladies were 11 weeks old Saturday. I want to point out 2 things. First, look at Lilly's copper coloring already. I think if I stopped hatching Marans right now I would have the hen I've been striving to achieve for 2 years now. Second, Cricket's black spots keep multiplying. She hatched out with just 2 little black dots on the back of her neck. I'm confident now that instead of disappearing like I thought they might through each juvenile molt she will keep getting more. She's my little Dalmatian chicken. These 2 also have me trained very well. When it comes time to get on the roost, I know they can do it themselves, they did it for a week. What have I done for the last week and a half now? Remove them from the chair on the porch where they are waiting for me. Walk around the house with 1 or the other on my shoulder and holding the other one and lift them up so they only have to step onto the roost. Grandpa Drumstick would be very proud of those girls as even though he could get up himself he only did it I think 4 or 5 times. He also had to be lifted up so he could just step off my hand.

View attachment 3165872View attachment 3165875View attachment 3165878View attachment 3165879View attachment 3165880View attachment 3165882View attachment 3165883View attachment 3165884View attachment 3165886View attachment 3165889
They are both lovely. A dalmatian chicken is certainly unique!

Back
Top Bottom