WIN_20220627_19_25_44_Pro (2).jpg
The first pic is of Harry. He is my most beloved Polish Crested. The second pic is of my lovely little Buff Orpington, Celestia.😁
WIN_20220627_19_26_54_Pro (2).jpg
🙃😁

Fluffy Butt Acres the Primer

I have finally done it. I created an article that is a basic guide to this thread. I plan on continuing to update it. If anyone has any idea on information which I could also include to help people jumping onto the thread be able to participate without having to read 9,000+ pages, please let me know.

Fluffy Butt Acres: A Primer
@BY Bob, I read what you posted! I am glad that you have increased the number of chickens in your flock! I am very sad at hearing that Mellie died!:hitShe was my favorite chicken you had in your flock!😭

Is there a word (I am sure there is) to describe the pattern on Asphodel and Belladonna's feathers? It looks like each feather has several rings of pale and dark.
Their feathers are supposed to be pencilled: dark and light chevron. The breast feathers? Not a clue. There's a different pattern on them. Not the same as lacing as they aren't smooth, but ?

Have you figured out what they are yet?
Nope and unless they lay blue or green eggs and prove to be easter eggers I probably never will. Granny, Berthie and Lassie are simply the Bittee Committee as they are nosy and want to be involved in everything. Bittee Committee is a whole lot nicer sounding then "Rural King Mystery Red Chickens".

I think, at last count including babies which I never normally count I'm at 27 or 28. All I know is it is under 30. Now if that number were to top 30, chicks don't count, and for that matter neither would the boys. The good thing about chicken math is you can tweak it to suit your needs unlike regular math. Rosie may have flew through Algebra 1 this year with flying colors but she still does not understand chicken math. She wants to count every single 1. I may have to split the groups up and label some Y's and X's to get it through her head.
Tell her it's like quantum physics: utilizing fictional numbers....

Their feathers are supposed to be pencilled: dark and light chevron. The breast feathers? Not a clue. There's a different pattern on them. Not the same as lacing as they aren't smooth, but ?
It was the chevrons I was thinking must have a name. The breast feathers are very different. It is a pretty combo.

I think I am going to start giving them a plate of mash with some added goodies (like the melon guts of today) in the evening so I can get them all in. It is too stressful waiting up for a lone chicken who has decided to go walkabout at dusk.
I like this idea.

It is going amazingly well. Next step is to remove the fire escape. They are no longer using it to hide from the big chickens so it can come out. But, they are using it as a landing pad to get to the roost they have decided they like. I am not sure if they can get up to the roost without it. I guess there is only one way to find out!
Why do you need to take it out?

Back
Top Bottom