Finally have names:
20220628_071328.jpg
Lark and Indigo

Now to figure out how to tell them apart...

aww i love all their names, and they seem like they like to sing when u record them
I've wanted the folks here to hear them, it's really fun! And I don't know if most chickens are this way or if it is an individual thing, or a breed thing? They narrate to each other when they forage, for instance, which I thought is an evolutionary mechanism that helps them stay in contact with each other, like chickadees do and other birds that range as a flock. I can tell when they notice something, or find something interesting or new to investigate.

So they seem quite talkative, softer or louder, most of the time. Are there really silent breeds? My sister had a conversation with them while on the phone with me, I put the phone out to them and she started imitating the sounds Peanut was making and they talked even more, as if they were answering!

I've wanted the folks here to hear them, it's really fun! And I don't know if most chickens are this way or if it is an individual thing, or a breed thing? They narrate to each other when they forage, for instance, which I thought is an evolutionary mechanism that helps them stay in contact with each other, like chickadees do and other birds that range as a flock. I can tell when they notice something, or find something interesting or new to investigate.

So they seem quite talkative, softer or louder, most of the time. Are there really silent breeds? My sister had a conversation with them while on the phone with me, I put the phone out to them and she started imitating the sounds Peanut was making and they talked even more, as if they were answering!
Adorable! When Maggie and Diana go off exploring together they chat to each other as they go. But I don't think they talk to the Roadrunners in the same way.

Back
Top Bottom