I would just put my lawn chair beside the coop and just hang out there they will see you interacting with the others and know you are a friend. They are smart they will figure it out quick!

How is Gucci today ?
Gucci seems to be standing more this morning. I had to recharge the camera so I will be able to watch them more while working today.

Thirsty Thursday
There are better pictures, but I love that I caught Maggie’s tongue as she slurped down!
Maggie is an aggressive drinker. Most of mu chickens sort of sip at the surface of the water, but Maggie stabs at it deep under the surface. She always ends up pretty wet which is great in summer and worries me in winter.

3CC20D97-FDCB-4A22-BF03-4B92AB4ED003.jpeg

Grapes!

The grape vines are loaded this year. It seems Betty is not going to wait for them to ripen.

Mine eat the grape leaves of the few branches that are low enough!

I was thinking of trying to get a champagne grape vine when I expand the run, then I would be less concerned about them choking when they help themselves to fresh grapes.....

Mine eat the grape leaves of the few branches that are low enough!

I was thinking of trying to get a champagne grape vine when I expand the run, then I would be less concerned about them choking when they help themselves to fresh grapes.....
Why would they choke themselves? And what is it about champagne grapes? Are they bigger? I have a very old grape vine that delivers a very sweet grape with a weird taste that is probably supposed to be nice but which I dislike intensly - so I ignore the vine. I need to go inspect to see if it survived the winter and if so I will see if the chickens like its yukky grapes.

Thirsty Thursday
There are better pictures, but I love that I caught Maggie’s tongue as she slurped down!
Maggie is an aggressive drinker. Most of mu chickens sort of sip at the surface of the water, but Maggie stabs at it deep under the surface. She always ends up pretty wet which is great in summer and worries me in winter.

View attachment 3169009
I think I would stop worrying about the winter at this point. She has survived many a winter with no ill effects.

I love the tongue! 👅

Back
Top Bottom