But is it really truly that horrible? Birds sleep different from humans, they only sleep half the brain, the other half remains alert I have heard. So she is likely ok.

This is why you can't sneak up on a sleeping goose! No matter how much you want one for the freezer!
I have read that about fish and possibly some birds but I haven't heard it about chickens specifically. So which half is always waking up then? Sounds like both halves!

I have read that about fish and possibly some birds but I haven't heard it about chickens specifically. So which half is always waking up then? Sounds like both halves!
I read that chickens sleep half brain at a time and keep one eye open. I must admit I have failed to observe that in my flock. What I do observe is they don't sleep like cats - they wake often and fidget.

But is it really truly that horrible? Birds sleep different from humans, they only sleep half the brain, the other half remains alert I have heard. So she is likely ok.

This is why you can't sneak up on a sleeping goose! No matter how much you want one for the freezer!
That’s my little town, but even awake, they only use half a brain! :he

The nature of things had a documentary on about sleep and they discussed birds.

Guess I need to check out Google tomorrow 😊

Back
Top Bottom