Well, Ember just crowed...repeatedly
20220713_175605.jpg
The one on the left (right is Horus). Not sure if a name change will be happening or not. Looks like a young cockerel with almost nothing for wattles.
20220713_175935.jpg
On the right
20220709_062547.jpg
In the tire
20220626_144849.jpg

Red face, pea comb, zero wattles

Well, I was going to wait a few more days so I could stand up more of the trusses before posting anything here, or sending pictures to my dad. But the biggest success was actually one of Andrew’s pub co-workers (who is also helping with the haying here), that traded off some truck use for house helping with his nephew (17) with four people all the premade, cut in half trusses were able to be lifted onto the attic flooring in less than two hours. It was hot and we took breaks. DH and I had previously gotten 13 or so up on our own with several “that could have been way worse” injuries, over the course of three days, and needing a rope and a 2x4 poking stick to help lever them up. 4 people in two teams lifting and pulling was awesome. So the best part is circled here in red, because now they are up I can do all the placing and securing solo. This is huge progress even if you can’t really “see” it (yet)! View attachment 3187999
Also I got this as a caller ID show up today! 😂 actual incoming phone call…
View attachment 3188002
Seeing as I need to pay Taxes, I think he was trying to figure out if he could eat his own toes or something here!View attachment 3188001
That is very exciting! Great progress Kris! So glad you got some real help!

He is going to have a hard time attracting the ladies without some manly wattles. Why would you change his name?
Because this is the feisty chick that attacked any hand in the brooder. Geronimo or Cochise or Rommel or Genghis all fit personality wise to perfection. This one has ZERO submission: 10 min plus of stare down/ fight with Horus. Either going to get himself killed taking on a predator or going to drive the predator off and be sultan of the harem.

Because this is the feisty chick that attacked any hand in the brooder. Geronimo or Cochise or Rommel or Genghis all fit personality wise to perfection. This one has ZERO submission: 10 min plus of stare down/ fight with Horus. Either going to get himself killed taking on a predator or going to drive the predator off and be sultan of the harem.
Genghis and Geronimo are great names for him!

Back
Top Bottom