Good. Sounds like they'll all have a fresh layer of warmth before the snow flies. I keep seeing explosions of feathers, but not sure if moulting (no one is acting odd) or because of trying to escape the hormonal idiots.
View attachment 32191612 hormonal idiots

View attachment 3219162Another one

View attachment 3219163Not a hormonal idiot
Awwww poo hormonal idiots 😊 they will grow out of it eventually!

I get really freaked out when they are preening and the feathers just literally fall out of them 😳

On the up side it’s a nice warm spot for them to sit on those fluffy feathers hahah!

They stopped fighting when I went into the room. I’m still in here with both of them.
Silly critters! Yesterday fluffy and Dorothy got into it, and Dorothy won the round but then Henny decided she didn’t like her sister being picked on so she marched over across the run and beat the tar out of poor Dorothy! Meanwhile Penelope decided hey I am the big boss I decide what happens here….

It was at that point Dorothy decided the nest box was a safer option!

All this took place in less than a minute! And everyone went back to being regular old chickens! People could learn something from chickens….

Seems your next vehicle better be French 💕
@BY Bob

I suggest a Bugatti ❤️ Ooo la la :love
D007E396-B0CB-41BC-9BF2-E1EE1D44EE1B.jpeg

A nice French made car, this is a good colour as it doesn’t show the mud and dirt from the gravel roads :lau

Supercar tax

Not sure what the ruckus is in the barn as I don’t have cameras on the hay side of the barn, but i just be Buttercup laid an egg ontop of my round bale! She was hanging out there when I left for work! I better remember to check there before throwing hay down hahahaha!

D5CC3C6B-18BA-4441-8FB6-05C15602224E.png

How wonderful is it to wake up to crowing?
And cicada! At 5am ! He is optimistic in finding a mate haha.

It’s dark now at 5am, the hens don’t want to get up when I go out at 6 unless I turn on the lights in the hen house. Another couple months and snow 😟 I am so glad the gals are molting now rather then in October like they did last year!!!

As this is the first year my year old gals are going through their first big molt, how long do they normally take ? It seems like forever with poor Marty! Last year Sophia was miserable for over 6 weeks and went practically bald - what is the norm?

Thirsty Thursday
I was delighted to catch this on the coop cam this morning. Minnie is out with the Hooligans and having a drink. I haven’t seen her really eat anything in a couple of days but I am relieved she is drinking.
Her tail is more up too and she isn’t huddled in a corner.
I did treat her with Revolution yesterday on the grounds that her worms may not have been properly treated previously as she got so sick after the Fenbendazole. Maybe it is having an effect.
:fl
I wonder also if the Hooligans are going to welcome her into their gang which would be quite a turn-up, but better than being all on her lonesome.
I know, I am putting a lot on one camera shot. I will spend real time with her today.

904B711A-C797-4911-AB39-A302D6BAC62F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom