I will write a tribute later when I can absorb everything that has happened today.
In short. Minnie is gone to join her sister. There are no more Roadrunners at the Chicken Palace.
Maggie laid a lash egg - so I think we can be confident that the one that was in the nest box a week or so ago was not from Dotty but from Maggie as I suspected. It is a year and 11 months since she laid lash eggs before so she has been on borrowed time for quite a while. But I love her borrowed time and the thought that it might end soon is deeply depressing to me. I will probably give her antibiotics, I think @BY Bob would agree.
And Diana reminded me of her mortality by laying yet another no-shell egg.
Altogether not a great day for chickens at the Chicken Palace. I am down to 4 chickens and have more dead chickens than alive chickens which I don't think is what chicken-math normally means.
So sorry. I am also at a loss for words. Like @bgmathteach said, we are here for you.

My wonderful day continues. Went to town to mail the swabs from Minnie to the lab for PCR testing. Guy reverses out of his parking spot into my car.
Surprising amount of damage and lots of insurance bureaucracy.
On the bright side it has given me something else to be upset about and nobody was hurt.

Yummy!

I have some of ours to the hens, they didn’t know what to do with them hahaha
Did they eventually actually eat them? Mine will not touch a green bean, ever. I've tried giving them the bits after I string them...nope. A whole fresh green bean, nope, snapped it into pieces for them, nope. Leftover cooked green beans...you guessed it nope.

I will write a tribute later when I can absorb everything that has happened today.
In short. Minnie is gone to join her sister. There are no more Roadrunners at the Chicken Palace.
Maggie laid a lash egg - so I think we can be confident that the one that was in the nest box a week or so ago was not from Dotty but from Maggie as I suspected. It is a year and 11 months since she laid lash eggs before so she has been on borrowed time for quite a while. But I love her borrowed time and the thought that it might end soon is deeply depressing to me. I will probably give her antibiotics, I think @BY Bob would agree.
Altogether not a great day for chickens at the Chicken Palace. I am down to 4 chickens and have more dead chickens than alive chickens which I don't think is what chicken-math normally means.
Oh no.

I'm deeply sorry RC.

I am so sorry, RC. :hugsI adored your road runners and am sorry there are no more. They were such fun little girls & they were lucky to get you & live in the chicken palace. Sending loving thoughts & lots of virtual hugs your way. :hugs:hugs:hugs

I'm so sorry RC :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom