Observations

Hattie is definitely taking time out from foraging to sit down and concentrate on growing feathers.

20220816_191829.jpg

Observations

Aurora just came over and cleaned some muck out of Gucci's head feathers. It was so sweet and tender that i was confused and did not video it. I was worried she was going to attack the three of them. I know they were concerned, especially Glynda who now avoids Aurora whenever possible.

All three froze in place with their heads bowed when Aurora approached.

Observations

Aurora just came over and cleaned some muck out of Gucci's head feathers. It was so sweet and tender that i was confused and did not video it. I was worried she was going to attack the three of them. I know they were concerned, especially Glynda who now avoids Aurora whenever possible.

All three froze in place with their heads bowed when Aurora approached.
That’s wonderful!

I read vinyl is toxic and some even treatmented with lead.
I was hoping to find a non toxic coverage that I can remove as the weather heats up. I was using the reflective silver plastic but really felt it had to go as its been there for a long time. I may have to get more of it but not sure of the toxins in it.

Thanks so much for adding your input and @RoyalChick
How about another sheet of plywood? How big is the coop? Even 1/4” would be enough to cut the draft and a nice thick layer of shavings and straw would lovely!

Back
Top Bottom