Observations

Glynda understands "up".
View attachment 3225982View attachment 3225983View attachment 3225984View attachment 3225985

My opinion may not be popular but I find Glynda more beautiful as a young pullet, than an adult leghorn.
I said before she reminded me of some kind of magical creature in a fairy tale and I remembered from where. It is the story of the children of Lir- his second wife changed them four into swans, but they keep beautiful magical voices singing ( unlike real swans whose voice are not exactly magical). Glynda makes me think of a small magical swan 🙂!

Today was not a good day for the chicken des Sauches (that's where we live).
My stepmother really wanted to see me ( the good news is that they let her out this morning of ICU and into pulmonary /cardiology unit) so we did what Bybob and Royalchicks.suggested- kept every chicken locked up from morning, until we were back home at five.
Before we left, the four ex-bats managed to corner the smallest teen piou-piou in a corner of the run and beat her up. I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't separated them. After that I locked the chicks/ teenagers up in the coop and the ex batts in the run with fences so that only Théo and Chipie were able to fly above those.

Everyone was very , very unhappy and the chicks/ teens took a long time coming out of the coop when we came back. They were terrified, especially Gaston who is the biggest coward.of the lot. It's quite funny to see him scream and run when he sees Chipie, his ex-mama, who is three times smaller than he is.
I'm not too happy either but unfortunately it was one of those time where the chicken's well being didn't come first.

Big goofy Gaston
IMG_20220815_172602.jpg

Merle beginning to get some nice highlights
IMG_20220816_164720.jpg

Piou-piou, I think we can be definite she's a pullet now, so we have to find a name that suits a very small shy girl.
IMG_20220814_160244.jpg

My stepmother really wanted to see me ( the good news is that they let her out this morning of ICU and into pulmonary /cardiology unit) so we did what Bybob and Royalchicks.suggested- kept every chicken locked up from morning, until we were back home at five.
Before we left, the four ex-bats managed to corner the smallest teen piou-piou in a corner of the run and beat her up. I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't separated them. After that I locked the chicks/ teenagers up in the coop and the ex batts in the run with fences so that only Théo and Chipie were able to fly above those.

Everyone was very , very unhappy and the chicks/ teens took a long time coming out of the coop when we came back. They were terrified, especially Gaston who is the biggest coward.of the lot. It's quite funny to see him scream and run when he sees Chipie, his ex-mama, who is three times smaller than he is.
I'm not too happy either but unfortunately it was one of those time where the chicken's well being didn't come first.

Big goofy Gaston
View attachment 3226146
View attachment 3226148
Piou-piou, I think we can be definite she's a pullet now, so we have to find a name that suits a very small shy girl.
View attachment 3226151
Sorry they were so upset.
Do you have an assessment of which model was most stress?
I mean compared to chasing them around to try and get them in.

@Marie2020 You will be happy to hear everyone (including Inky) was out free ranging while Ginger was grounded (since she hunted Inky as soon as she's out, she's fast when she wants to be).

Later, Inky insisted to go inside the house to lay her egg while Light was inside the house laying her egg... They had a bokbokbok competition and Light left the house. Sometimes Light would go back to the usual nest box, but this time, 10 minutes later Light went back to the deck door. Fortunately Inky was done with her business so she went back out.

Light was happy to be inside in her favorite nesting spot, but was pissed that Inky "destroyed" her nest (Inky makes really nice deep nest) 😂 .

Very quickly Light laid a very nice egg!

I have no chicken pictures right now and will post my lotus flower.
View attachment 3226064
This all sounds very positive.

My opinion may not be popular but I find Glynda more beautiful as a young pullet, than an adult leghorn.
I said before she reminded me of some kind of magical creature in a fairy tale and I remembered from where. It is the story of the children of Lir- his second wife changed them four into swans, but they keep beautiful magical voices singing ( unlike real swans whose voice are not exactly magical). Glynda makes me think of a small magical swan 🙂!
Glynda is not a leghorn so she should not wind up looking like my Daisy, The Greatest Hen Ever. She just reminds me so much of Daisy that my heart is full every time I watch her.

Big goofy Gaston
View attachment 3226146
View attachment 3226148
View attachment 3226151
In the end they are all safe and alive. That was a good outcome for them even if they do not realize it. You did right by them. Much like with children, sometimes you have to make them upset while doing what is right for them.

I know it is hard but you did right by them. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom