DFFAD21B-8645-4715-95EA-62A74F3574FE.jpeg
A7DB6AB3-CA8D-4DE3-BDA1-F21E2CD6DAA6.jpeg
9FCBEAF9-728C-4553-9319-1039BBADDEB0.jpeg
C3F36F21-BC1D-4CA3-B0D0-1AED008F0726.jpeg

I personally take no offense and respect your opinion. In fact, it may surprise you that as of May of last year I despised silkies. I thought of them as ugly and weird alien looking chickens. Rosie desperately wanted them from the moment she decided she wanted chickens and I resisted for years. Gradually every excuse I had not to get silkies vanished and then I was asked by a neighbor and friend to test her silkie's fertility before she started offering up hatching eggs. I begrudgingly agreed but firmly stated I was not keeping them. 2 weeks in and I was smitten. 4 months in and little Branch and Poppy were firmly ingrained in my heart as well as the love of the breed and the rest is history.
Little Piou-piou is stunning, she looks like my 2 red girls and I also agree that she looks like a pullet.
Not sure if you can access an Instagram post but there is a Sydney lady who loves her Silkies and I absolutely adored this video. Let me know whether or not the link works.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjCED5zpoN1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thank you Marie for sharing. I am watching this Hurricane very closely as it is coming to us after passing Florida.

It looks like it's going back to the Atlantic where it regains its power. However, it very likely will be downgraded to a tropical storm and probably land somewhere in South Carolina.

I am really not looking forward to huge rain dump and gusty wind. It's inevitable. ☹️
As I am in SC, (Myrtle Beach area), I am not looking forward to this weekend. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom