This is awesome! Drawling Garfield and a passable horse head is all I can manage lol

I love it! Wish I could draw, but the only thing I can manage is doodling horse heads. This got me into a heap of trouble when I was in school😊 doodling and day dreaming horses instead of doing maths…

I esp love the wattles ❤️
Thank you.

Is horse head drawing a sign for drawing incapability?? 😂 I honestly think it is HARD to draw that.

@Ponypoor I think you have a severe wattle fetish. You always comment on my pictures and repeat "I love those wattles!"

Your portrait shared earlier was lovely! I like it very much.

A while ago I drew my rooster Foggy, using my crappy colored pencils. I wasn't satisfied with it (for example, the proportions of the head was wrong), but I think I will still share it here. I am a total amateur, but I welcome criticism from everyone.

I think I may try a second time with pencils/charcoal only.
View attachment 3281186
I love this, and if Foggy could talk, I am sure he would say he is pleased with the rendition! What a lovely set of comb & Waddles - swoon worthy despite the fact that that doesn't affect the selecting of 'mates' with chickens. You definitely captured the eyes and 'eyebrow' feathers perfectly!❤️❤️❤️

The only thing I ever really sketched that looked enough like what it was supposed to be (enough, anyways, so someone could guess correctly!) was a squirrel.:idunnoHow can you mis-guess a big, fuzzy tail?

F5524AB7-FE61-4CDD-AD21-3F07254F7D38.jpeg
These two look like they are hatching a plan:

"Hey, I think if you distract her, I can knock over the treat can."

"Okay, I'll just look nonchalant and, on your signal, suddenly fly onto her shoulder."

"Yeah, great idea, she'll freak out AND you'll block her line of sight"

Okay, ready, 1......., 2........., 3

Oh my gosh, you guys. I’m so bummed I didn’t have a camera (phone) in my hand tonight to grab a Thirsty Thursday video.

Minnie Minnie is having a significant molt, and is getting special attention, because last year during molt, she had neurological issues and I ended up tube feeding her. I am doing everything I can to avoid that this year, including providing beef liver, baby bird formula, wheat sprouts, private feedings, etc. So far, so good.

Well, during molt, this little girl is obsessed with drinking water on the ground, to the point that she’ll run over if I have a hose in my hand. We both know the drill now. I’ll be watering whatever, she’ll run over, I’ll put the face of the water wand directly into the soil, and she’ll find a trickle/puddle to drink from. This can go on for several minutes.

Tonight Flash, who is also in a molting mess, joined in the fun. It was like she was on chicken crack or something, beyond excited about the ground water.

Next, Lucky, who has recently recovered from molt, came over and found her own little puddle. So I had three hens in a row, all drinking off the ground. It was SO DARN CUTE. Sorry I missed the photo op!

A while ago I drew my rooster Foggy, using my crappy colored pencils. I wasn't satisfied with it (for example, the proportions of the head was wrong), but I think I will still share it here. I am a total amateur, but I welcome criticism from everyone.

View attachment 3281186
I think it’s wonderful!

To Everyone

I have been dealing with some issues and was out of town for a wedding that is why for a week I really did not post. 7 days later I am over 70 pages behind.

The good news, I have worked it down to 20 pages at this point.

The bad news, there are many things to share but I do not know when I will catch up and I at this point I am pretty certain that I will no longer be able to keep up. I am not certain what I am going to do at this point but I wanted to pop in and let you know what has happened to me.
Hi Bob. I am thinking of you and wish the bear always for you and yours!

Jabber loved rose petals and Glynda and Lady Featherington eat them as well. Right off the rose bush.
This is good info! We have a couple rose bushes against the house in the back where the deer don’t visit. They don I receive any care whatsoever and don’t get much sun, but occasionally bloom a little. I will keep an eye out for delectables!

View attachment 3281186
Aww, this is lovely! Colour pencils are way harder than graphite, but there are so many awesome tutorials on YouTube, probably even some drawing chickens. My first attempt I was mainly using block colours, the second attempt I was blending more. It was definitely better but I still wasn’t happy with it as I have an inherent need for my drawings to look exactly like what I’m copying (cubism is NOT my thing!)

Look up some tutorials and have another go. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom