It is very cloudy today. It was 33 F. Now is 50 F and today is supposed to be 55 F. Here's a live footage but I don't think it works well. Perhaps.
https://www.weatherbug.com/weather-camera/?cam=CCHSP
I can only dream of such 'warm' temperatures! It was -27C when I got up and it didn't get about -25C! Brrrrr!

Oh course I sit inside where it's nice and warm - and I log onto my cameras at home every so often to check my chickies.

Just checked them a while ago and they are all tucked up in bed sleeping :)
CHICKIES.JPG

Oh too funny. I will relay Aurora’s advice when I get back home this weekend.
Oh I know I was laughing so hard, glad no one was around they would think I am a nut!

I have been excitedly waiting to read our very first Ask Aurora response and this did not let me down. The way you wrote it, if chickens could talk I could totally see this coming from Aurora herself. Bravo! I excitedly look forward to next weeks edition.
Yes Wednesday's are going to be a whole lot of fun :)

It is time for some Twig love. I took these video's yesterday of him. Before I started filming he was in the middle of a 3 way crow off. Bring out the camera and he shuts up. Now this was all before I got upset with him at bedtime last night and had to put him in his place. Butter was late coming to the roost and he flew down and chased her and then pinned her. She was submitting but he was being unnecessarily rough with her and Branch and Bubba saw it and neither one offered to come down off the roost for a beating. I had to step in and pull him off of her. With him still in my arms I put Butter up on the roost then proceeded to carry him around like a baby for about 15 minutes. The hormonal idiot stage has hit hard with this one. Branch and Bubba need to step up their game here soon.
Oh naughty boy!

Wonder if the girls will fill him in a bit? That would help also...

Holy jumping jellybeans! HAHAHAHA!

That was awesomely splendid - I enjoyed that thoroughly.

"Have you ever just thrown her off the roost for no reason? Try it sometime. It feels amazing."

I almost fell off my chair laughing here. Sums up a few of mine for sure!
The sad thing is, if anyone has ever paid any attention to roosting dynamics, the majority of us have at least 1 hen that does just that. When Daisy was alive I first had to have Drummie, and then Bubba sleep in-between her and Holly. Daisy was not the problem, Holly was. She could not sleep next to her sister without violently pecking her until she fled from the roost. Daisy passed and Bubba decided he wanted to sleep on the other roost with most of the girls. That left poor Holly all alone. I felt bad for her and decided to find her someone to sleep next to her. I went through half the flock before she finally found someone she would not toss down and that is Twig. Granted she did throw him down a few times but he decided he liked that roost and kept coming back for more. Now, I do not know if he really likes the roost, or really really likes snuggling up to a bossy hen. Either way, she can no longer evict him.

Hello everyone. I have been feeling loopy today and I'm not sure why. Could be flu or something. I've been having a slight headache and my eyes feel like they are going to close. I highly suggest you have some lemonade, blueberries and garlic soup. I lost my appetite at first but was able to eat small portions of blueberries and half a glass of lemonade. Grandma came inside today and she was listening to the World Cup while sitting in the kitchen. We gave her cucumbers and uncooked oatmeal but she didn't seem too hungry.
Oh I hope you're ok - but glad Grandma came for a visit - that makes everything better!

Back
Top Bottom