I am so waiting to see what the babies are going to look like… because between the broodies and that handsome boy, I would say that babies are a safe bet for next year!
I agree. Sneaky nest somewhere and a whole brood emerges in the spring. 😆

I agree. Sneaky nest somewhere and a whole brood emerges in the spring. 😆
:eek:
Nope nope nope nada nope….

Not happening! As much as I would absolutely love to hatch out some wee ones it’s not happening unless tonight I win that lottery!

But they sure would be darling I am sure 😊

Him and Sophia would have babies with wattles 🥰

:eek:
Nope nope nope nada nope….

Not happening! As much as I would absolutely love to hatch out some wee ones it’s not happening unless tonight I win that lottery!

But they sure would be darling I am sure 😊

Him and Sophia would have babies with wattles 🥰
I'm telling you. You will not have a say in this. Nature will take its course. Mark my words.

No pictures today it is rainy, windy and 🥶 but I do have an update.

I did it, I made a decision and got some nest boxes finally. I got the plastic ones that screw into the wall and have a little bar in front for them to stand on. I will put them up here in the next few days and take some pictures to post here.

I also got a bucket heater to stop the water from freezing not even into full winter yet and the battle against ice has already begun!

I also got some oyster shell and put it out. None of the pullets seem interested at all yet and I am unsurprised by that however, what I was surprised about was the one chicken who did eat some was my Roo 🤦‍♀️ . I feed all flock 20% protein now and plan to keep on getting that since I read that the calcium in layer feed can possibly be harmful to Roosters and who goes directly to the oyster shell and gulps down several pieces but my Rooster.

He really seems super hungry lately though I think he is going through a growth spurt as he gulps downs any and all treats as if he doesn't have food in the coop available at all times. I guess teen Roos and teenage boys aren't all that different in this regard 🤣

Hope everyone is doing well today!
Mine are on a 20% all flock also. And I see my boys at the oyster bar occasionally, too. They're either using it to tidbit, or snagging a bit, sometimes both. I figure when they are eating it, they must need it. Watching what they eat when ranging the yard is interesting too. Some days the grass is getting mown blade by blade and I swear they're measuring the length of the grass, then trimming a bit more. Other days, the grass is just the nastiest thing and they can't dig it up fast enough to get to the bit or bug or root instead.

Isn't is amazing how a cat can just plop itself down and look totally relaxed and comfortable? Even when they are old and arthritic, they seem to be able to find a nice warm cozy spot and just relax...

Or those chickens who just throw themselves down in the grass, fling out a wing and close their eyes and look dead... just relaxing in the hot sun. I wanna be able to do that... just flop down anywhere and throw out an arm and a leg and sleep in the sun :)
Me, too!

Mugs Monday - an attempt at a mug shot :frow

I have ordered myself a 3x optical zoom PTZ camera for the aisleway of the barn so I can get a better look at the chooks out here.

But here is today's attempts at some photos.

Mr P didn't seem to thrilled at the disembodied voice singing to him hahaha. Smile for the camera little man!
View attachment 3335100

Everyone is running around doing chicken things.
View attachment 3335101

Hmmm - were's Marty?
I love that they can hear your voice!

Back
Top Bottom