So how did everything go? I am all worried here having not heard from you yet...
I'm going out to check in a second. I had my alarm set for 8. 6 am this morning my sugar bottomed out for no reason, almost had to use the glucagon kit. The dexcom was alarming but jack the cat had knocked it off the nightstand somehow I just did not hear it. When it came back up it triggered a migraine. I'm semi ok now, my head feels like I'm in a fog, but as soon as my coffee is ready I'm going outside. This is the first time it has dropped this bad in almost 2 years.

I'm going out to check in a second. I had my alarm set for 8. 6 am this morning my sugar bottomed out for no reason, almost had to use the glucagon kit. The dexcom was alarming but jack the cat had knocked it off the nightstand somehow I just did not hear it. When it came back up it triggered a migraine. I'm semi ok now, my head feels like I'm in a fog, but as soon as my coffee is ready I'm going outside. This is the first time it has dropped this bad in almost 2 years.
Holy Cow! Wow I sure hope you're feeling better - oh that is just terrible :(

Maybe you should just rest and stay in (though I bet you are also wanting to find out haha!). I am sure all is fine, you mum would have checked I am sure.

OK you just take your time and relax - you are the important one here 💕

Everyone I am crying. They are huge tears of relief though and happiness. Everyone is alive, and more importantly happy. Those are Chiquita's babies now even if they did magically appear from a store egg. She is feeding them, and teaching them to drink. She appears to be in the "hatching" stage. She is acting like my other hens do when their chicks are hatching. She is staying put, but showing them food and water and then calling them back under her. I was going to let them loose in the coop today but if she wants to stay like this for another day I will let her. It may be better to keep them in the tote. The chicks need to learn their momma's calls and less room for them to get into trouble. This is my first time fostering chicks onto a hen that were not fresh out of the egg. I hoped she would take them, but I did not know if she would.
Here are some video's, I'm sorry they are dark.
This is what greeted me when I walked into the coop.
Had to make sure everyone was alive.
Lets get back under momma
DSCN9928.JPG
DSCN9930.JPG
DSCN9931.JPG

Everyone I am crying. They are huge tears of relief though and happiness. Everyone is alive, and more importantly happy. Those are Chiquita's babies now even if they did magically appear from a store egg. She is feeding them, and teaching them to drink. She appears to be in the "hatching" stage. She is acting like my other hens do when their chicks are hatching. She is staying put, but showing them food and water and then calling them back under her. I was going to let them loose in the coop today but if she wants to stay like this for another day I will let her. It may be better to keep them in the tote. The chicks need to learn their momma's calls and less room for them to get into trouble. This is my first time fostering chicks onto a hen that were not fresh out of the egg. I hoped she would take them, but I did not know if she would.
View attachment 3388882View attachment 3388883View attachment 3388884
So cute, those little tiny marshmallow peeps! :love

Oh you ! hahaha that first few words! Such drama :) I almost cried too - for one second till I read the rest ❤️ 💕 ❤️ 💕 then I chuckled!

I love the happy sounds of chirping - and Chiquita is just sitting tight for them - how adorable!

OK - you go rest - it looks like everything is good on the chick end of things.

:love

It is time for me to breathe now and let it sink in. "I have white leghorns, what have I gotten myself into." @BY Bob has a huge soft spot for them as his Daisy, the greatest hen ever was a leghorn. @featherhead007 has the brown variety and loves them just as much. I hear they can be flighty, but I have a plan. Chiquita will let me interact with her chicks unlike some of my other hens. Once she is ready I am going to spend lots of quality time with the little Marshmallows. If I can semi-tame momma and come to a understanding with her, surly I can handle flighty leghorns. In a few days, we will work on names. I do like the idea of a candy or marshmallow theme for them though. I now want to call one Peeps.

It is time for me to breathe now and let it sink in. "I have white leghorns, what have I gotten myself into." @BY Bob has a huge soft spot for them as his Daisy, the greatest hen ever was a leghorn. @featherhead007 has the brown variety and loves them just as much. I hear they can be flighty, but I have a plan. Chiquita will let me interact with her chicks unlike some of my other hens. Once she is ready I am going to spend lots of quality time with the little Marshmallows. If I can semi-tame momma and come to an understanding with her, surly I can handle flighty leghorns. In a few days, we will work on names. I do like the idea of a candy or marshmallow theme for them though. I now want to call one Peeps.
Give them a week, they will behave like their names should fit them. Leghorns are very intelligent creatures. You will quickly learn this fact.

How wonderful. 🥰🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom