Frogger is in here with me all the time. Squeak is my ā€œoffice catā€. It was nice to be able to spend about an hour with him to give him some attention, I am sure he is lonely since I canā€™t make it out to my office building. Frogger gets very upset when she sees him so we have to lock her in the bedroom while he visits.

I will try to take the pain pills more often. But we have also had trouble getting them. Insurance will only cover a 7 day supply once every 30 days. Trying to get an override in this situation but that could taken a week.
I would ration them as well. Insurance companies :barnie

Thanks Bob šŸ˜Š
It had it's highlights. Nino woke me up with kisses and I had coffee and a chat with lety. All was good until I checked my work phone. I also heard from a friend in Germany this evening that I had lost contact with. Pic of my sweet Nino.
20230103_153955.jpg

I sympathize Bob. Lety has the same thoughts as Mrs. Bob. She can apparently have as many chicks and dogs as she wants and I have no say šŸ˜‚
Cats have arrived here that way as well. I've said no and still come home to another cat. Enzo was her decision despite me saying no as well.

Enzo tax
20230128_112237.jpg

Cats have arrived here that way as well. I've said no and still come home to another cat. Enzo was her decision despite me saying no as well.

Enzo tax
View attachment 3389569
I asked how many of the chicks we're keeping. Definitely keeping Gorda's baby and a few Sebright hens. I'll never be finished building chicken coops, lol.

You cannot stop them as it is "The Way of the Chicken" to scratch for food. They will do it even when eating from a feeder. Although some chickens do scratch more than others. Orpingtons are not really into scratching while leghorns love to dig.
They are showing the desire to dig early. They were eating from the feeder and scratching away at the ground at the base of it. I now cannot wait to introduce them to the manure pile. Here you go girls, you have one job. I pile it up, you flatten it out, now get to work.

Thank you for your support, I was frustrated not to be able to prevent any possible extended suffering :(

Next project I am going to insist upon having cameras on the horses, it is a comfort to me to be able to log into my cameras and check on the chooks, and the house. I want that same thing with the horses.

Tonight
More shake up in the Hen House
View attachment 3387474
Yes, go for it! Iā€™m sure it would give you some peace of mind.

Happy Friday to all of you !
I'm hoping to hear some better news from @featherhead007 and @ValarieF health wise šŸ¤ž, and I would also be relieved to hear from @Marie2020 .
I'm sorry I haven't been around and hope everything is okay with everyone. Thank you so much for thinking of me :hugs
Her last message didn't sound so good so like you I hope it's just internet or smaller life issues.

Thank you for the answers about muff, beards and black chickens. I didn't think of silkies ! I think both EE, ameraucanas and silkies are beginning to be trendy here- the colored eggs are just beginning to be a thing. But most people are too used to tan / beige eggs and they won't want to eat other color. That's one of the reason why we have few production leghorns - white eggs don't sell.

Anyway here are some butts for Friday.

Theo's Crowing butt next to Brune's butt
View attachment 3387800
Chipie's sweet butt. Poor thing has it tough these days as she gets chased even by ThƩo and her butt feathers are already deteriorated from all the pulling and pecking.
View attachment 3387802
These butts may look similar but Piou-piou will do all it takes to kick LĆ©a's butt out of her life.
View attachment 3387803
Tough guy's butt.
:D They are determined little ladies
View attachment 3387804
Ex-batt fluffy but poopy butt from Nougat.

View attachment 3387805
And funny Gastounet's butt.
View attachment 3387812
And for your information, my "be kind to broody teenagers" strategy is not working. At all šŸ¤£.
View attachment 3387813

Back
Top Bottom