Sally
I have finally had a chance to read everyone's lovely thoughts and tributes, which I am thankful for and grateful for everyone's well wishes.

I want to thank everyone for sharing this journey with me, and have a few more photos of the old gal to share. Sally was an awesome little horse, she had the most amazing canter and lovely trot. She might not have been the most beautiful of horses but she sure could move and jumped like a deer!

Again Thanks to all of you 💕 ❤️View attachment 3389712View attachment 3389713View attachment 3389716
Such a lovely lady. :hugs

No worries, RC. I suspect you didn't open that chicken book first......
I would have guessed a White Rhode Island Red...but she has white feet/legs, not yellow.

Then I was thinking White Orpington, but in all the pictures of them I saw, there was NO black in the tail. Ditto on the White Astralorp. I suspect a breed with European/British origins due to the white (not yellow ) skin...but beyond that, I'm stumped due to the black in the tail, but not neck (Columbian coloring)

:idunno:idunnoSo, unless she is a mix, I'm as stumped as you!!:idunno:idunno
I'm guessing a white sussex cross

Don't Mess with Momma Turkey
RedTailed Hawk loses.

I saw a tik tok video recently of turkeys rather gently breaking up a fight between two spicy fighting Roosters. They are defenders of peace, I had no idea. If they can also help fend off hawk attacks I may have to consider getting a few someday.

Made it home last night but called out this morning. Yay! Happy Bithday to me, lol. I did see Gorda's baby last night and it's huge! The Sebright chicks are getting big and are beautiful 😍. I should be home tomorrow around lunchtime and will post baby pics.
Belated Happy Birthday!

Oh that’s terrible! Can you get them without insurance ? Or are they costing an arm and a leg (sorry bad pun 🤭).

I take tramacet and it about 4times the price of Tylenol 2, but give me less stomach issues so I take it - the first time I bought it I about fell over at the price. And I have no drug plan insurance! All my meds are out of pocket.

If I was working out here I wouldn’t be taking the Tramacet, it is so expensive.

Ok well I sure hope you can work something out, I worry about your situation, (still want to give you a hug too 🥰) - make sure to keep that leg elevated and supposed with a few pillows - oh and I read you want ice pack on it - just lay the ice ack on the splint- the cold will see through - put a plastic bag under the ice pack so nothing get wet.

(Hugs)
It would cost me about $100 to get some out-of-pocket. I could pay it but finances could get tight between surgery and having to be on short term disability for a few months.

Foot is elevated and on pillows. Have been trying to use reusable ice packs but they take awhile to get cold again. Need to have DH buy some more.

Elevated leg:
EF33E633-5F20-407F-B223-E56D17E4CF55.jpeg

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Motrin) together are very effective. Perhaps you could use them as bridge medicine between doses of the big stuff.

Medical tax

View attachment 3389784
I can’t take Ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs due to the blood thinner I am on. Tylenol alone doesn’t do much and can’t take high doses due to the Tylenol content in the Norco.

Ice pack solution we used recently - get a cooler next to you and stock it with what you need for the next several hours (or overnight). Worked really well for me - DH would go get the packs or ice and padded holders, and we stuffed a handy, small beer cooler with enough to last me for awhile.
He is putting a small cooler with my ice packs, some frozen water bottles, and snacks in it when he isn’t home. Works decently well but won’t re-freeze my reusable ice packs.

I love him for sure. And I'm glad he is here. But 3 cats is a lot. I tried to enforce a rule for over 30 years now, you can't have more cats than people in the house. That turned out to be a huge failure. 🤷‍♂️

Tax
View attachment 3389788
I used to have 7 cats, and also fostered 14 kittens at the same time I had the 7. 🙈😂

Tax
7F156BF4-7F7A-4FE5-B4C4-C6E3023EB66D.jpeg

7D8E900D-EB3A-4BC7-BADC-4442ADDA2B47.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom