Beings that we are talking about medical procedures: my church friend has found a donor and is in Arizona Mayo Clinic having her kidney transplant surgery. Says that she’s in pain but doing well. Yay!! Been waiting on this one for months! :thumbsup
That is wonderful news. :thumbsup

Kidney transplant tax: B337AED9-A95C-4699-9F77-F07544A740E7.jpeg

Well, in the span of 12 hours I went from having just over 7 dozen eggs on my counter to just 3. Yup 3 eggs. My uncle is a pastor and put the word out that I had laying hens. Was asked to meet at the church last night for one customer. He wants 4 dozen every 2 weeks. Another church member stopped by the house after church this morning and took the other 3 dozen. She said she could use about 3 dozen every month if I have them available. I need to raid the hay nest tonight, it has been about 3 days, I should pull down at least another dozen. Between now and Friday I have no available eggs, those are being saved for my first and regular egg customer. I am so thankful the daylight hours are getting longer and my girls are coming back online. One of my Marans Baby started back yesterday. My sister will be happy, I will have speckled eggs for her in her carton next week. Mom, momma hen and chiquita were right, I do not have enough hens. January is not over with yet, and the girls have not only paid for their own feed, they also bought the horses 2 bags of grain as well.

Well, in the span of 12 hours I went from having just over 7 dozen eggs on my counter to just 3. Yup 3 eggs. My uncle is a pastor and put the word out that I had laying hens. Was asked to meet at the church last night for one customer. He wants 4 dozen every 2 weeks. Another church member stopped by the house after church this morning and took the other 3 dozen. She said she could use about 3 dozen every month if I have them available. I need to raid the hay nest tonight, it has been about 3 days, I should pull down at least another dozen. Between now and Friday I have no available eggs, those are being saved for my first and regular egg customer. I am so thankful the daylight hours are getting longer and my girls are coming back online. One of my Marans Baby started back yesterday. My sister will be happy, I will have speckled eggs for her in her carton next week. Mom, momma hen and chiquita were right, I do not have enough hens. January is not over with yet, and the girls have not only paid for their own feed, they also bought the horses 2 bags of grain as well.
That is wonderful. And yes, you need more hens!

You better start working your hens overtime! Supply vs demand is not working well for you! :hmm
Also it’s a good time to raise those prices!
1C4C4EFE-436B-45F7-989D-29DDE124BA1B.jpeg

They are showing the desire to dig early. They were eating from the feeder and scratching away at the ground at the base of it. I now cannot wait to introduce them to the manure pile. Here you go girls, you have one job. I pile it up, you flatten it out, now get to work.
The Buckeyes did the same thing at just a few days old, digging away everywhere. They’d be at the feeder, it was hanging and I had to keep raising it as they grew, they would get it swinging by digging at it.

Here's a dustbathing picture when they were about 2+ 1/2 months old, August 19, 2020.
IMG_20200819_135039287_HDR.jpg

Here's some digging just 16 days earlier, August 3, 2020, at about two months
IMG_20200803_180646099.jpg

IMG_20200803_180653210.jpg

IMG_20200803_180655314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom