Belated Happy Birthday!

It would cost me about $100 to get some out-of-pocket. I could pay it but finances could get tight between surgery and having to be on short term disability for a few months.

Foot is elevated and on pillows. Have been trying to use reusable ice packs but they take awhile to get cold again. Need to have DH buy some more.

Elevated leg:
View attachment 3389874

I can’t take Ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs due to the blood thinner I am on. Tylenol alone doesn’t do much and can’t take high doses due to the Tylenol content in the Norco.

He is putting a small cooler with my ice packs, some frozen water bottles, and snacks in it when he isn’t home. Works decently well but won’t re-freeze my reusable ice packs.

I used to have 7 cats, and also fostered 14 kittens at the same time I had the 7. 🙈😂

Tax
View attachment 3389875

View attachment 3389876
That is a crap ton of cats. Holy cow. 🐄

I saw a tik tok video recently of turkeys rather gently breaking up a fight between two spicy fighting Roosters. They are defenders of peace, I had no idea. If they can also help fend off hawk attacks I may have to consider getting a few someday.
Wild turkeys can fly really well. You could see it try to chase down that hawk afterwards.

Morning Chiquita update.
She has then out of the tote and is teaching them to dig in the coop. She also flogged my leg when I tried to real quickly rake out last nights poop from roosting. Jeez lady I just wanted you to have a clean bed of sawdust to dig up. That was unexpected, she did not flog me once when she had her own chicks. She may be mad at me because it took her almost 5 weeks for me to get the hint and give her babies. I left the little family alone locked up for a while digging away.

This was taken last February. So leghorns like to dig, I think they have the best mother to reinforce that skill. I mean, when she dust baths she digs a hole this big.
DSCN6375.JPG

Belated Happy Birthday!

It would cost me about $100 to get some out-of-pocket. I could pay it but finances could get tight between surgery and having to be on short term disability for a few months.

Foot is elevated and on pillows. Have been trying to use reusable ice packs but they take awhile to get cold again. Need to have DH buy some more.

Elevated leg:
View attachment 3389874

I can’t take Ibuprofen or any other NSAIDs due to the blood thinner I am on. Tylenol alone doesn’t do much and can’t take high doses due to the Tylenol content in the Norco.

He is putting a small cooler with my ice packs, some frozen water bottles, and snacks in it when he isn’t home. Works decently well but won’t re-freeze my reusable ice packs.

I used to have 7 cats, and also fostered 14 kittens at the same time I had the 7. 🙈😂

Tax
View attachment 3389875

View attachment 3389876
Awww - baby kitties are so cute :) Love cats (love dogs too, but I am more a cat person).

Easy to make homemade ice packs: 1/2 and 1/2 water and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) in ziplock bags (I double bag them just in case), it turns into a slushy mix and stays cool for a long time. Cheaper then ones you purchase also.

I hear you on the cost of meds - crazy really :( There is really no reason for the price of the Hydrocodone Bitartrate (Norco's narcotic ingredient) to be so expensive - it has been around forever :(

Can ask your Dr for Tylenol 3s instead? the Codeine in that is Codeine Sulphate and likely is far cheaper than Norco - just a thought.... I have the same issue with Tramacet (Tramadol) 10 days worth is $60.00 so I try to only take it at night when my leg spasms are the worst. If I am not working and thus not making the big bucks I use Tylenol 2s which is less than 1/3 the price of Tramadol. I find it works far better than the Tramadol for my leg spasms but it really bothers my gut :confused: so if I can afford it I use the Tramacet. FYI - make sure to drink LOTS of water and LOTS of fibre as all these meds can be extremely 'binding' (bunged up... ) :eek:

OK enough med chat :)

chit-chat tax

Sophia says Hope Your Leg Gets Fixed SOOOOON!
IMG_0026.JPG

Belated Happy Birthday!

Elevated leg:
View attachment 3389874

Tax
View attachment 3389875

View attachment 3389876
I am so sorry you are going through this. I pray you get your surgery soon. I know there will be pain following surgery but I have to imagine it will be less once the leg is stable and bones in place. To be honest I am still in shock you have had to wait this long. A few days I could understand but are we not close to a week out from your fall?

This was taken last February. So leghorns like to dig, I think they have the best mother to reinforce that skill. I mean, when she dust baths she digs a hole this big.
View attachment 3389957
That is some digging!

Daisy, the greatest hen ever, loved to dig.
2016-10-15 17.31.21.jpg
2016-10-15 17.31.08.jpg
2016-10-15 17.30.08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom