If I get them yes I will pick them up on the way home in April - all assuming they have any chicks at the hatcheries.

It will mean I will have to drive through northern Ontario back home - a route I vowed never to drive again.... I would like to go home through the US. Not some wilderness mountainous crappy dangerous roads.

But if I must then I must - I am being enabled by someone - yes you know who you are! Putting thoughts of Silver Spangled Babies in my head... tsk tsk tsk....
What do I say to that? :idunno

Glad you took this step. Hope this helps you focus on your physical and mental wellbeing for awhile.

Made it home. They say surgery went well. Have a metal plate on one bone and screws in both of them. Have a nerve block pump for three days to help control pain. Doctor also sent prescription for pain meds to a different pharmacy where they charged less than $5 without going through insurance. And I have a calf wrap that inflates to go on my other leg for several days to prevent blood clots. It is much smaller than ones I have had in hospital in the past, rechargeable and no tubes.
Hey!!! Welcome home ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

So glad you are home - hope the weather held for you - oh I am so happy you got your surgery - and I am egg-static that you have a script for pain meds - I am right giddy for you!

Please make sure (on your GOOD leg haha) that you do some ankle rotations and move your foot around and knee bends etc to ensure that your circulation is ok. Also don't forget your arms while you're at it - people forget that they have arms! I know that you have the calf wrap - but movement is still required.

Now - also make sure that you are drinking lots of fluids, and take a calcium supplement with Vitamin D. Also - bran cereal would be a good idea as pain meds can be very binding (if you catch my drift! 😉😌).

Oh I am so pleased you finally had your surgery - one step closer to being back with your babies :)

Here’s the protein you peeps need. But not for the chooks:View attachment 3392004
Hmmm - had roast beast and veggies for supper - I think it was even better than a Snickers :)

Don't worry it was roast chicken - moooooo!

BFTP - Poor Dorothy, came across this photo of her molting

IMG_0747.JPG

I still get a huge laugh over those single wing feathers :lau

Hey!!! Welcome home ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

So glad you are home - hope the weather held for you - oh I am so happy you got your surgery - and I am egg-static that you have a script for pain meds - I am right giddy for you!

Please make sure (on your GOOD leg haha) that you do some ankle rotations and move your foot around and knee bends etc to ensure that your circulation is ok. Also don't forget your arms while you're at it - people forget that they have arms! I know that you have the calf wrap - but movement is still required.

Now - also make sure that you are drinking lots of fluids, and take a calcium supplement with Vitamin D. Also - bran cereal would be a good idea as pain meds can be very binding (if you catch my drift! 😉😌).

Oh I am so pleased you finally had your surgery - one step closer to being back with your babies :)
Yes I will move my other leg and arms regularly. He also told me to lift my injured leg up and down, bend my knee several times and wiggle my toes regularly. That will have to wait until the nerve block decreases, can’t even feel or move my toes right now. 😂

Trying to drink a lot, and had DH bring me the calcium citrate w/D out of the chicken first aid box yesterday and started taking them. It is almost a full bottle, will have plenty to also give to a chook if needed. And have been using Docusate sodium twice a day for the past week, will definitely keep doing that. Have some Special K cereal but will have DH get some Raisin Bram next time he is at the store.

Back
Top Bottom