They're coming together! ❤️ awesome to see
Yes. During the day they are together all the time. It is definitely a 2+1 situation but they are within a foot or two of each other all day long.
Then, when it is time to go to bed, the two Math Majors fly up to the rafters and leave Bernie all alone.
Sigh.

Yes. During the day they are together all the time. It is definitely a 2+1 situation but they are within a foot or two of each other all day long.
Then, when it is time to go to bed, the two Math Majors fly up to the rafters and leave Bernie all alone.
Sigh.
BoPeeps will also do that. Be with the tribe all day long, but perch on one spot away from all the other birds at night.
Dakota is lucky if the other birds even let her perch in the coop. It’s a madhouse around here sometimes.

Last edited:
Ask Aurora
Todays question comes from either Berthie or Lassie. Don't us who is whom?

View attachment 3392430View attachment 3392431

One of them writes.......

Dear Aurora,

Berthie, or Lassie here, my human mom gets us mixed up all the time. Let's simplify it and just call me one of the Queens, I like that better personally myself. Look what I laid this morning. I added extra bloom on it and it is pink in your honor. I informed my mom she needed to photograph it, she claims it looks brown still in photo's even though it is pink in person. She cannot do anything right and now it appears us hens need to learn to take the pictures as well.

What is the point of doing the extra work so I stand out from the flock if your human looks at you and says in pictures it is brown?

Dear Berthie or Lassie,

Holy crap! I knew they had cloned a sheep but are those sneaky humans now cloning chickens?! I hope you two are at least from the same hatch. I thought I was seeing double at first. Then I looked at Phyllis and there was still only one of her, thank heaven. I haven’t had this problem with my vision since that time I drank that weird tasting grape juice from my human servants glass when they weren’t looking. (Thanks for the assist in distracting them, Sydney)

Congratulations whoever you are, on laying the most beautiful of all the egg colors, pink. Anyone can lay a brown, white, blue, or green egg, very few of us are talented enough to lay a beautiful pink egg. The sad thing is that our incompetent human servants cannot even take a good photo of our extraordinary achievement. This is likely because they are not qualified photographers.

Did you know that there are humans whose sole purpose if to take photos? Lilly used to talk about them but I did not believe her. Then one day my human servant scooped be up, (I was distracted by a pile of meal worms at the time. I should never have trusted Maleficent to warn me if trouble approached.) and took me on a long car ride, At the end of this ride was one of these human photographers. This was the result.

View attachment 3392427

These human photographers are supposedly specially trained. I do think I look exceptionally good in that photo. Way better than in anything my human has ever taken. My guess is that one of them might be able to capture the special color of our eggs. Therefore, my suggestion for you is to make your human take your egg to a photographer.

Of course they will probably complain that it costs money and that you don’t lay enough eggs to justify the expense. Well the way the price of eggs is skyrocketing, I bet she could exchange a dozen or two for a good quality photo session. Which is just what you have earned and deserve.

You ask, “What is the point of doing the extra work...”. The point is that being exceptional requires extra work. You should want to be exceptional and therefore should recognize your special achievement as its own reward. I am absolutely certain that you can now shut up every other hen when they talk about their egg color. No one can top what you have done and that should be its own reward.

Every exceptional chicken knows what you are feeling. You are not alone in this. Most humans are not smart enough to see the excellence in their midst. That does not mean you should stop striving for excellence.

I am going to challenge you to keep striving to be exceptional. Even if no one else notices, you will know that you are better than all of them. Nothing is more fulfilling than knowing you are truly everyone’s better. That should be enough.

I know. I live it every day.

View attachment 3392429
Dear Aurora,

Thank you, you are right I am their better. Well, Raven keeps whispering to me just wait, when she is laying about once a month she decides she is special and turns her eggs purple. I will have to see it to believe it, besides, I have gotten into the habit of laying a pink egg every other day. I figure roughly 15 pink eggs to 1 purple egg a month makes me her better. I wish laying pink eggs automatically made me Queen but alas that title belongs to Butter. Some of us may wish to challenge her but we know better. Butter has the humans mom on her side. There is threats from her that any Butter bullies could be rehomed if we did not give it up. As a group we decided that we like it here and it is not worth the risk to see if she means it. I shall just have to resign myself that as you say, pink eggs makes one superior. My human read your reply about a professional photographer. She snorted and said the day she could get 10 a dozen for our eggs she will think about it. Until then she promised to keep trying to capture my pink eggs. That will have to do for now I guess.

Yours Truly,
The pink egg queen.

:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:smack Drug addiction and automotive repairs doesn’t mix. My poor neighbor has a son who took apart HER cars dashboard, and just called me to ask if I could repair the damage. I told her sorry I couldn’t help her.
(I warned her months ago that her son needed professional help with his addiction ASAP) :thView attachment 3392724
Frustration due to stupidity tax:
Oh no ! Poor lady! How tragic and sad, esp after what happened with my nephew this past summer 😢

Sad Tax
F53AB0E5-20D9-440E-AA08-0D611CFED358.jpeg

Brrrr!

I went to the RoW (right of way - the path that is dug for the pipeline) this afternoon for a tour as it wasn’t too busy, got to drive my truck 😁 yeehaa! And I didn’t run into any pipe or equipment so all good!

But it was darn cold, -22C and my cheeks got frosted again owwww!

And yea have my safety boots on still here in the office, and I am treated to the pungent aroma of horse manure - I did clean them before I came out here honest I did!!

Mmmm breathe deeply - horses yay!

Silly Tax
Rose
8D99B55C-B0FE-4AAA-9164-EED8BF799ABE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom