It irritates me when someone is hacking up a lung and sitting in the same office as me, and not wearing a mask - or going somewhere else when they know that I don't want their sick cough infecting me!

Even long before covid I would tell people to wear a mask of go somewhere else, I don't need to be getting ill here in camp. But nope this person doesn't listen and just hacks up a lung in here in the morning and during the daytime. I went to my well-site yesterday afternoon as I was so ticked off with this person. Go work in your truck like the other Inspectors do, or go to the other trailer, or your room. Don't go infecting me! Rude....

Irritation Tax
Baby Silkies (soooo cute!)
IMG_20210412_164832.jpg

@ChicoryBlue , how did your chooks do overnight? @BY Bob how did Glynda's comb do? I was a bit concerned with her given the comb had been 'touched' with a bit of frost previously - I've heard it makes people more susceptible to frostbite again...not sure if it is also true for chickens or not??? I am also wondering how Betty does today by herself.

@ChicoryBlue , how did your chooks do overnight? @BY Bob how did Glynda's comb do? I was a bit concerned with her given the comb had been 'touched' with a bit of frost previously - I've heard it makes people more susceptible to frostbite again...not sure if it is also true for chickens or not??? I am also wondering how Betty does today by herself.
Doesn’t Betty have a parole hearing this morning? :idunno

It irritates me when someone is hacking up a lung and sitting in the same office as me, and not wearing a mask - or going somewhere else when they know that I don't want their sick cough infecting me!

Even long before covid I would tell people to wear a mask of go somewhere else, I don't need to be getting ill here in camp. But nope this person doesn't listen and just hacks up a lung in here in the morning and during the daytime. I went to my well-site yesterday afternoon as I was so ticked off with this person. Go work in your truck like the other Inspectors do, or go to the other trailer, or your room. Don't go infecting me! Rude....

Irritation Tax
Baby Silkies (soooo cute!)
View attachment 3395280
All I can say is:
1675522277264.png

When I was younger, I would saddle up a horse and go for a ride in the moonlight! It was darn cold but really amazing! The wolves would sometimes be howling, and this time of year owls are breeding so you can hear them hooting!

And it would be sooooo cold that the fences would crackle as they contracted in the cold 🥰❤️

Fabulous tax
Whiskers
View attachment 3395152
Sounds like an amazing experience.

All chicks should have a mom like Chiquita. She knows growing chicks need to eat. Every night she chooses to sleep practically on top of the feeder. This way her marshmallows can grab a midnight snack without having to leave her body warmth.
View attachment 3395156
Brilliant!

Doesn’t Betty have a parole hearing this morning? :idunno
I don't know, @BY Bob said she would stay in holding for 12-24 hours...so hearing might not be until tonight or tomorrow morning?:idunno

Are you putting up the bail? Or using a bondsman? Otherwise she will be 'stuck' in jail until she has served her time! (hmmm, doing 'hard' time. Human checking on her and bringing her treats, chatting with her so she isn't lonely, etc., etc., etc....I should have to do such hard time as Betty!!!:lau:lau:lau)

@rural mouse How are your kids doing? It must be absolutely horrid there - I hope they are all okay. I honestly can't imagine living through your temps...God Bless you for coping! Hope that new stove is earning it's keep!

How are you and your chickens doing , was the night ok ? Although I suppose they are still in bed 🙂.

I have a question and I hope I'm not going to make a complete fool of myself 🙂. @ChicoryBlue is in Central New York, I thought this wasn't too far from where you live (US scale). How come there is such a difference in temps?

Six is by far the most usual size but we have 4, 10, 12 and 24.
I'm not sure if we eat as much eggs as in english and derived cultures, since we never have them for breakfast.
I am fairly north of @RoyalChick, not sure where she is but it’s about a four-hour drive to Hershey PA from here. I’m not in the weather protection / moderation of the Finger Lakes (Otsego Lake, is about 40 km from me) or the big Great Lakes. My friend, much closer to Otsego Lake, was at -19F this morning. We are at a higher elevation though, and we do get the tail end of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario because we are just north enough and our hill range catches it.

Back
Top Bottom