Oh no! This os so sad. I’m so sorry.
We are sad and I am working to improve the run against erosion in the future so this doesn’t happen again. This makes me feel as if her loss serves some purpose and will protect the rest of the flock better in the long run. It also made it crystal clear that I will not be doing any unsupervised free ranging here at Butler Hollow Coop. Sadly this is not safe for them here.
I actually think you may have had more snow than me so far. Lots of ice here this year.

Weather tax
View attachment 3397048
Glynda is looking absolutely gorgeous she seems to be filling out some and that fan of tail feathers she has are really beautiful.

My brothers girlfriend and her grandmother love to go to goodwill. Today they found this and thought it would be perfect for me.
DSCN0067.JPG

If he does not marry this girl, I'm disowning him.

We are sad and I am working to improve the run against erosion in the future so this doesn’t happen again. This makes me feel as if her loss serves some purpose and will protect the rest of the flock better in the long run. It also made it crystal clear that I will not be doing any unsupervised free ranging here at Butler Hollow Coop. Sadly this is not safe for them here.

Glynda is looking absolutely gorgeous she seems to be filling out some and that fan of tail feathers she has are really beautiful.
Glynda has a spectacular tail much like Phyllis. I need to pay more attention to when they fan it out and when they don't because they both do it at the same time. If one is fanned, they both are.

Glynda has a spectacular tail much like Phyllis. I need to pay more attention to when they fan it out and when they don't because they both do it at the same time. If one is fanned, they both are.
There is a whole language with their tails that I don’t understand.
They fan and they shake from side to side. I am sure both mean something.

There is a whole language with their tails that I don’t understand.
They fan and they shake from side to side. I am sure both mean something.
I really think there could be a weather component to it. I just can't put my finger on it. It's at the edge of my consciousness. I've not just paid enough attention.

I really think there could be a weather component to it. I just can't put my finger on it. It's at the edge of my consciousness. I've not just paid enough attention.
Interesting I have seen Bernie and Babs stand fanning out their tales at each other. I too haven’t paid enough attention.

Interesting I have seen Bernie and Babs stand fanning out their tales at each other. I too haven’t paid enough attention.
I'm going to try noting weather conditions when I see fanned tails and record it to see if there might be a correlation of any kind.

Back
Top Bottom