I think her two main motivations for fighting to stay alive are the daily scrambled egg I give her and making Chipie's life total hell.
Queen Aurora would endorse this reason for fighting on. šŸ˜† I think as long as there is a Phyllis, there will be an Aurora.

Happy Pony Sunday everyone.

Today's contribution needs to be a shame the Russ post.
View attachment 3396857
My grandpa came up last night to play cards. They left around 1 am and 2 minutes later I get a phone call. It goes like this..."Are you missing a horse?" What? Nope not missing a horse, then I turned on the barn light. Crap, Russ's gate is wide open and he is out. They laughingly told me he was eating grass in the bottom. I grab my boots and a flashlight and tell Rosie I'm going to go catch her escape artist. I go out the back door to get his halter and a lead rope and Rosie meets me outside. I told her I thought she needed to go in so it would make it easier to catch him. She disagreed and then hollered his name. I did not even make it 4 more steps and I hear his hoofbeats. The naughty pony trotted right by me and stopped and put his head on Rosie's shoulder for a hug. I go up to him to put his halter on and he backs away and gives me the stink eye. Fine, I handed Rosie the halter, she says his name and he stopped dead in his tracks and allowed her to halter him and attach the lead. By now I'm calling him some not nice names under my breath. Rosie puts him in his stall and I found out Houdini has learned to open the claps to the chain that keeps his gate closed. Wonderful I tell you. I now feel I need to padlock his gate shut. He is too smart for his own good. Look at him this evening.
View attachment 3396862
This is the face of someone who was caught red handed mouthing at the chain again. He has zero remorse and will most definitely try it again. Everyone, please shame this big red goofball. He was traded stalls with Louis because he had learned to untie the knots and knock his boards down to the opening of the other stall to get out. It only took him 2 months to learn how to open his new stall door.
What a cutie though! šŸ˜ Rosie's done well with Russ, hasn't she?
There's chickens in these pics too!

Completed
The fluffy bum silhouettes are done. Here is Aurora's. Check out her crown. I'm pretty proud of that. I obviously upgraded her silhouette overall to better match her bum. I believe she has earned it.

View attachment 3396873

So all the current residents are up to date.

View attachment 3396874

Now I need to update Sansa's and make ones for Gucci, Legertha, and Sylvie.
Nice job :clap Her coloring is good. I do like the crown 3-D glittering, that is fitting! :clap

Mugs on Monday.
I also have an idiot here. He may have picked a fight an hour ago with a rooster five times his weight and almost had a heart attack when he realized he was being fought back.
The challenger ThƩo
View attachment 3397224
The Challenged, Gastounet
View attachment 3397226
Crazy little Blanche, still with us and going into hard molt mode on top of her other issues. I think her two main motivations for fighting to stay alive are the daily scrambled egg I give her and making Chipie's life total hell.
View attachment 3397223
And Cannelle who's now the most healthy and active of my ex-batts after giving me such a scare in autumn. Under this angle she slightly reminds me of @micstrachan beautiful Margo, (but she had a much more impressive comb).
View attachment 3397225
Awwwā€¦ I can see it!

You could make a road trip to Texas. I have a feeling I will be beyond stir crazy in a few weeks. This is even worse than when I had a fractured neck and arm at the same time. At least I could get out of my chair and walk around then.

Ours is a 2018. It has a single Marine/RV deep cycle battery, which we just upgraded to an AGM. Turned out our inverter/charger is ok. It is on the same breaker as the electric water heater, which he had turned off along with several other breakers to minimize power usage so the generator would quit tripping its internal breaker. We finally got that replacement breaker and DH got it installed. I have also discovered that they make RV surge protectors you can put on the incoming electric cord to protect the wiring on the RV. Researching them now to get a good one. I want one that protect from slightly high/low voltage as well as surges.

Here is our RV
View attachment 3397109

Tax
View attachment 3397116
View attachment 3397119
We sold our RV last year due to sizing (boo-hoo) and my dad refuses to get a new one due to an extremely loud AC. I really want the Salem Grand Villa but there is not a lot of us and the size is too big for our driveway. I will buy it someday.

For RV tax today, there are guineas. No, I didn't buy them. Someone has guineas and I decided to get a few photos. There was this poor chicken that was just standing there and didn't run away so it was easy to pick up but I had to wash my hands after that because Avian Flu is a thing. I don't have a photo of her unfortunately, but she looked very sick. Her eyes were slowly closing but staying open . It's horrid. My dad used to have guineas. Won't consider buying them because they are too loud. I even picked up a guinea without getting bitten. Beautiful birds, ugly sound... and behavior.
20230205_114243.jpg

Mugs on Monday.
I also have an idiot here. He may have picked a fight an hour ago with a rooster five times his weight and almost had a heart attack when he realized he was being fought back.
The challenger ThƩo
View attachment 3397224
The Challenged, Gastounet
View attachment 3397226
Crazy little Blanche, still with us and going into hard molt mode on top of her other issues. I think her two main motivations for fighting to stay alive are the daily scrambled egg I give her and making Chipie's life total hell.
View attachment 3397223
And Cannelle who's now the most healthy and active of my ex-batts after giving me such a scare in autumn. Under this angle she slightly reminds me of @micstrachan beautiful Margo, (but she had a much more impressive comb).
View attachment 3397225
Poor Blanche. It is important to have a reason to stay alive and those are good ones.
Candle is looking very perky!

Babs has gone into the nest boxes three times already this morning but for only a few seconds at a time. Maybe she doesnā€™t like what she sees?
Strangely she hasnā€™t explored the upper floor of boxes.
Now she is back for a fourth visit and is dragging in feathers from the floor.
I am pacing about chewing my nails.

Here she is with Eli standing guard.
F902F932-D3AB-4769-8BD9-084F6AC41E9E.jpeg

Edited to add an update: Turns out a second breakfast is a higher priority for Babs right now so she is out chowing down again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom