Final Powder update:

We were able to put Powder to rest, I found her today under the bridge in the stream. I will never know precisely what caused her death but I am glad to know she isn't out there hurt, lost or scared.

I hesitated to post this because I don't wish to make anyone sad. However, everyone was so supportive in trying to help me figure out what might have happened to her I thought you would want to know even if it is sad.

Thank you everyone :hugs
44BBC3A8-CA44-47C1-A7B8-6E36E3D6ACF6.jpeg

Final Powder update:

We were able to put Powder to rest, I found her today under the bridge in the stream. I will never know precisely what caused her death but I am glad to know she isn't out there hurt, lost or scared.

I hesitated to post this because I don't wish to make anyone sad. However, everyone was so supportive in trying to help me figure out what might have happened to her I thought you would want to know even if it is sad.

Thank you everyone :hugs
View attachment 3398832
She was a lovely looking lady. I am sorry you lost her so young, but I imagine finding her remains gives you some degree of comfort.
:hugs

Maybe they will hatch more later in the season?
Ya - maybe - anyways not much I can do if so.

I did have my heart set on some of those Hamburgs but I am sure they will still be around in the future, and maybe the place here in Alberta can 'grow' a couple pullets for me, I can always pick up and bring home at a later date.

But I do want to shove some chicks under my broodies and I have seen my gals starting to check out the hen house lately, hanging out in there.... bet there will be half of them in nest boxes by the time I get home hahaha!

Go! Your chickens NEED leftovers, stat! Oh and yummmm.
I am starved - I rarely if ever eat at the main camp - I generally cook for myself as I am an extremely fussy eater. But they had Beef Dip for lunch - so I was looking forward to it.

It might as well have been rubber and stale bread, the 'beef' and I use that term loosely as it was horrid horrid horrid horrid horrid horrid (ok you get the picture) - fatty gristly, rubbery meat - could hardly cut it with a knife. They used a hard ciabatta roll for the roll/bun, and the au jus was watery oxo I am sure. It was DISGUSTING. I threw it into the garbage, along with the disgusting potato wedges.

So I am starving.... and I need to cook something but idiot me didn't take the REAL beef chunks out of the freezer to make a stir up/stir fry.... sheesh! I am going to try to thaw it in the microwave though as I am starving and want some real food!

OK foodie tax
The Chicks (from my neice) They loved that box hahaha - I got salt blocks for the horses and threw the box on the floor and the next thing had all 7 trying to get in the box - they tried to cram themselves in there until the box finally fell apart they got so big :)
IMG_20210715_140306.jpg

OK so... at Performance Poultry:

Welbars ('cause I love a barred pattern and dark eggs), and Cream Brabanter (I do so love a chicken with spikey hairdos - as much as wattles - which they don't have BTW); Legbars are not available (what a shocker); and to round out the dark egg layers some Barnvelders who's feathers I love with the dark and light pattern :); maybe a couple Brahma's....

Gonna need a bigger barn the rate I am going!
Double silver laced Barnevelders are simply stunning. I would not mind having a pair of these in my flock.
15c09347bb80c08b6b079e980dd4bd83.jpg

Back
Top Bottom