I too will be watching the Super Bowl. There is only 1 team in the NFL I like and it is Kansas City. Mom hates their quarter back Mahomes. She is a Tom Brady fan, and she also loves Cincinnati Bengals. The last game we watched in my room. I was stretched out on my bed when it first started and she warned me if Kansas City scored she was kicking me in the knee. I sat up out of firing range and proceeded to gloat when Kansas City scored first. She does not care about Philidelphia at all. But she wants them to win so MY team looses this year.
I slapped $40 down on our pool - hope to win something!

I was afraid by last nights behavior at bedtime where I had a hard time collecting the chicks that having to chase them around Louis stall has made them fearful of me. This mornings behavior confirmed it. Normally when I come out to let Chiquita and the chicks out of the tote they come to me to be picked up and will even perch in my hand for a minute. Today they were running away from me and panicking when I touched them. Crap, there goes the last week and a half for work down the drain. I'm going to have to bribe them again it seems. They love worms, so this afternoon after I hear back from the dr about Rosie's x-rays I'm going to go dig up a handful of worms and unless they hop in my hand they are not getting them.
Bribed with worms love it!

Actually, that is quite beautiful and just fine with me. I expected they would look quite different but had no idea what would pop up. The moss eggers have a-lot of Maran in them but I couldn't guess what else is in them that makes them come out as white with some spots not true splash and apparently they always do according to the hatchery website. Blue is just fine as is anything else too. I have also pondered what color eggs they might lay crossed with Maran my guess would be something dark either brown or Olive. Honestly though it doesn’t matter just continuing their genetics on would be enough. Thank you very much for the preview of what is likely to be if I did cross them.
I love the way Lark and Indigo turned out myself. The red-gold piping on the neck plays peekaboo, so it's not always noticeable. I'm now VERY curious to see how a roo of the same cross would turn out.....I do know that said hypothetical roo crossed with wither of the girls could pop more blue, more splash like the then grandma, or BLACK, making for quite the variety. I also wonder if the gold would carry through. Until the go broody and hatch babies, (and the right eggs are in the nest) I'm just pondering.

Yes, her egg should be a 'slateiy blue' color. Mom would have laid a light brown egg , and dad is an EE and his girls (Babs & Eli's older sisters)have been laying eggs like the blue/green ones in the picture below. I suspect hers/theirs will look like the lighter one in the middle of the 5 blue/green eggs. It is prettier than it looks in the picture. The very bale brown give the blue just a hint of slate color or 'hint/essence' of green. Hers might be a hair darker - that one was lighter than most. But, shouldn't be a real green, either, because the brown coloring is too light. I had posted a better pic, but I'm not finding it on FBA right now, and lunch break is almost over...so this will have to do atm. :(
View attachment 3398479
That is a beautiful collection of eggs !

Back
Top Bottom