Rosie's fever broke this afternoon and she is feeling better. I hate that she has huge dark circles under her eyes but I no longer feel we are on the verge of being hospital bound. It was almost 70 today and about a hour before dark she wanted to just go sit outside for some fresh air. I agreed and we went out and opened up the coop and sat with Chiquita and the chicks. They are still wary of me but were eventually all over Rosie. While feeding them out of her hand she spotted the older group of youngsters and informed me it was time to name them. Yeah, too late, they are named. She really loved the name Athena. She was like you know that is a greek goddess. Yup, but she is named after Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" since her momma is Raven. That made it even better for her as she fell in love with his poems when they covered him in 8th grade. She then asked me if the leghorns were named. Nope just 1, little Peep. That changed almost instantly. 3 were immediately named after her favorite poem of Edgar Allan Poe's that she still has memorized. We have a Anna, Bell, and a Lee. After she came up with those 3 she proceeded to recite the poem to me. She then decided since we have a Athena, we needed a Persephone. She wants to name the last one Flower after Bambi, but I have another idea. I want to call one Turkey. I have a Loosey Goosey, and now a Ducky, I need a Turkey Lurkey.

Thanks for asking. Tonight when I tucked them in, I heard her real voice again. ❤️ Her arse is still swollen, but she’s hanging in. I’ve been bringing baby bird formula to her on the roost at night, which I think helps. Everyone else gets some, too, and I don’t want them to be fat, so I have to be careful with that.
That's great, glad that she is 'singing' in her voice again ❤️

Rosie's fever broke this afternoon and she is feeling better. I hate that she has huge dark circles under her eyes but I no longer feel we are on the verge of being hospital bound. It was almost 70 today and about a hour before dark she wanted to just go sit outside for some fresh air. I agreed and we went out and opened up the coop and sat with Chiquita and the chicks. They are still wary of me but were eventually all over Rosie. While feeding them out of her hand she spotted the older group of youngsters and informed me it was time to name them. Yeah, too late, they are named. She really loved the name Athena. She was like you know that is a greek goddess. Yup, but she is named after Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" since her momma is Raven. That made it even better for her as she fell in love with his poems when they covered him in 8th grade. She then asked me if the leghorns were named. Nope just 1, little Peep. That changed almost instantly. 3 were immediately named after her favorite poem of Edgar Allan Poe's that she still has memorized. We have a Anna, Bell, and a Lee. After she came up with those 3 she proceeded to recite the poem to me. She then decided since we have a Athena, we needed a Persephone. She wants to name the last one Flower after Bambi, but I have another idea. I want to call one Turkey. I have a Loosey Goosey, and now a Ducky, I need a Turkey Lurkey.
The 'chuckle' emoji is for Turkey Lurkey hahaha - love it! So you will of course need a Henny Penny :) Glad Rosie is feeling better 💕

Henny Penny sitting on her eggs :)

IMG_20210924_121556.jpg

I sent an email I still have lots of time but I wanted to make sure I get the breeds I want! No legbars is a bummer! But I can go for Welbars and Branants 😁 I have blue and green eggs so I can get ark brown and white now.

How’s the leg?
Those brabanter birds have landed on my wish list (along with appenzeller spitzhaubens if I spelled that right). Those forward crests are cool looking while not blocking vision.

Aww… I’m sorry you lost her. And sorry I missed the whole thing and was not here to support you. :hugs
No need to be sorry, we keep prey animals and although we do our level best to keep them from that fate sometimes we can’t and sometimes we make mistakes even with the best of intentions. I am glad she is found and at peace.
Thanks for asking. Tonight when I tucked them in, I heard her real voice again. ❤️ Her arse is still swollen, but she’s hanging in. I’ve been bringing baby bird formula to her on the roost at night, which I think helps. Everyone else gets some, too, and I don’t want them to be fat, so I have to be careful with that.
Glad she is doing better, good to hear!

Last edited:
Love all the names and super glad Rosie is starting to feel better ❤️‍🩹

Rosie's fever broke this afternoon and she is feeling better. I hate that she has huge dark circles under her eyes but I no longer feel we are on the verge of being hospital bound.
I am so happy she is on the uphill side of this.:wee I was quite worried for her and you for a bit there!
. I want to call one Turkey. I have a Loosey Goosey, and now a Ducky, I need a Turkey Lurkey.
I think, given this theme, that Ducky should be 'Ducky Wucky' :D

Did Babs not lay another egg today?
They generally lay a bit sporadically when they first start...give the poor girl a break! :p:gig
They found my fence untangling quite interesting so they participated in that.
I am so glad that you could 'put them to work' helping you!
Jeremy Scott Fashion GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Of course, it probably meant it took you twice as long....but now maybe next time they could handle it themselves!:lau:lau
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

And you could put your feet up and relax!
tired over it GIF

Back
Top Bottom