Hmm, I don't know
IMG_2656[1].JPG

I think we should peck it!!
IMG_2668[1].JPG

If I were you, ladies, I'd follow my example
IMG_2659[1].JPG

Walk away, just walk away!
IMG_2661[1].JPG

I won't don't worry - I know the dangers of snow, cold and being stuck in remote areas! That is the ONE thing that we pound into the minds of all the crews. If it's not safe, don't do it! And travel is the #1 most dangerous thing that we do.

But it is a bit disheartening, I am in a strange area and don't know the roads. If I had gone through Canada, I would still be stuck in a hotel in a blizzard but I would know my route.

This was supposed to alleviate the stress of driving in bad winter weather, instead it's just a continuation - and I can't even say 'It's winter and it's Canada, eh?' hahaha!

Weather whining tax
Marty kicking a dust storm :)
View attachment 3428325
If you do go, be sure that there’s a convenience store nearby for your refreshments. Ps. Fargo North Dakota sucks!

I discovered the hard way yesterday I need to work on handling the Marshmallows outside of the chicken coop. Inside, I can get one and after a minute they will settle right down and cease the "omg someone is killing me" shriek. While egg collecting yesterday I discovered that Chiquita had them playing on the hay pile. They saw me round the corner and their flight instincts took over and they scattered. All except one, it burrowed into a crack in the hay stack. Naturally I had to rescue said chick. The second I touched it it let out the "death is coming" shriek. Seconds later I have Chiquita on the war path attacking the back of my legs. Now I'm trying to settle down a dying chick and a angry fuzz ball. I assumed if given that minute it would settle down and quit acting like it was being killed. I did not get that minute. Chiquita kept it worked up, and then she let out a cry for backup. My loveable Branch answered the call and he came tearing to us. He meant business, I do not care if he is my buddy, in his frame of mind at the moment I was being flogged. I let the chick go so he did not have to cross the line that shall never be crossed. Instead of sitting down and holding a calm marshmallow I had to calmly remind Branch I was not the enemy. Chiquita ran off to uncle Dirt with her crew while Branch postured, growled and once chest bumped me before he was calm enough to let me touch him. I then picked him up and he settled down while I rubbed his favorite spot at the back of his neck and told him he was a good boy. He really was in that moment. He thought the chicks were in danger and he was coming to do his job. Now I need to figure out how to not be flogged and handle the chicks during the day.

I discovered the hard way yesterday I need to work on handling the Marshmallows outside of the chicken coop. Inside, I can get one and after a minute they will settle right down and cease the "omg someone is killing me" shriek. While egg collecting yesterday I discovered that Chiquita had them playing on the hay pile. They saw me round the corner and their flight instincts took over and they scattered. All except one, it burrowed into a crack in the hay stack. Naturally I had to rescue said chick. The second I touched it it let out the "death is coming" shriek. Seconds later I have Chiquita on the war path attacking the back of my legs. Now I'm trying to settle down a dying chick and a angry fuzz ball. I assumed if given that minute it would settle down and quit acting like it was being killed. I did not get that minute. Chiquita kept it worked up, and then she let out a cry for backup. My loveable Branch answered the call and he came tearing to us. He meant business, I do not care if he is my buddy, in his frame of mind at the moment I was being flogged. I let the chick go so he did not have to cross the line that shall never be crossed. Instead of sitting down and holding a calm marshmallow I had to calmly remind Branch I was not the enemy. Chiquita ran off to uncle Dirt with her crew while Branch postured, growled and once chest bumped me before he was calm enough to let me touch him. I then picked him up and he settled down while I rubbed his favorite spot at the back of his neck and told him he was a good boy. He really was in that moment. He thought the chicks were in danger and he was coming to do his job. Now I need to figure out how to not be flogged and handle the chicks during the day.
They are such good parents - I love it! I know, not so great for you, but you must admit it is admirable and adorable.

Back
Top Bottom