Is she okay now?
Luckily She survived and is thriving, I can not tell you how in the world she survived but she did. She stopped laying for about a month but that was fine as long as she is healthy😊 she just layed her first egg yesterday after she got sick and omg it was so pretty
E660383C-97DE-41C6-AC0D-034FD3A6BE18.jpeg

Mugshot Monday. Guilty as charged!
View attachment 3430442
Wonderful photo!

While everyone has gone inside the cage... *clears throat* shed, Grandma is picking the dry concrete without a care in the world. I know this is normal but I just had to share this. Also, that is not concrete on her back. That's snow.
View attachment 3430458
Oooo a rare 'snow-backed' chicken :)

A mugshot for Monday from golden girl, Bernadette
View attachment 3430450
Oh Bernadette you are a lovely young lady :)

Total fluke I got that shot but I love it too.
It's a great photo!
My school friend bought me this...
View attachment 3430514
Oh you should have saved that for Caturday hahaha! It's a cat thing for sure :eek:
Luckily She survived and is thriving, I can not tell you how in the world she survived but she did. She stopped laying for about a month but that was fine as long as she is healthy😊 she just layed her first egg yesterday after she got sick and omg it was so pretty View attachment 3430535
So wonderful she is doing ok - that is a nice egg!

Don't forget to post more baby photos!

Yes, I know. I just don’t understand why I keep getting it when people around me don’t.

Except, I’m at the district office, not at one of the school sites and nobody at the office has had it lately. I was at an event last Saturday night when I’m pretty sure I got it. My husband didn’t get it, my best friend didn’t get it, a friend with cancer, who danced with us all night and was in our same car didn’t get it (thank goodness), but I did.
It takes generally three days for symptoms but that can vary. Possible considerations I can think of at the moment are the usual - size of spaces (cavernous, claustrophobic, something in between?), including the bathrooms you encounter, number of people, proximity to said people, & viral load out there. Lots of people think they don't have Covid when they do.

Tax & Monday Mugs. Got some pictures today!

Hazel, looking very fetching
PXL_20230313_193026618.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230313_192926752.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230313_192921281.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230313_192924416.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230313_192924416.PORTRAIT.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 1
It takes generally three days for symptoms but that can vary. Possible considerations I can think of at the moment are the usual - size of spaces (cavernous, claustrophobic, something in between?), including the bathrooms you encounter, number of people, proximity to said people, & viral load out there. Lots of people think they don't have Covid when they do.

Tax & Monday Mugs. Got some pictures today!

Hazel, looking very fetching
View attachment 3430484

View attachment 3430488
View attachment 3430489
She has such lovely feathers, and she always looks so regal! Aurora is likely giving her pointers on 'how to look royal' 💕

....of course she could just be sitting in there because it's a bit chilly and she is taking her time to lay an egg! We shall see what she does.

How long can I keep eggs under a hen before it's too late to remove and put in the fridge (before chick develops too much).

My mum is going to throttle me - you do know that right???
Oh dear :( by tomorrow it will be too late to change my mind or for Marty to change hers!

Apparently days 1 & 2 are big days, and by 72hrs......

https://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/hatching-chicken-eggs.html

....of course she could just be sitting in there because it's a bit chilly and she is taking her time to lay an egg! We shall see what she does.

How long can I keep eggs under a hen before it's too late to remove and put in the fridge (before chick develops too much).

My mum is going to throttle me - you do know that right???
Oh well look who is off the nest box and up in her night time roost... Hmmm guess I needn't have worried.

snuggle_LI.jpg

Hi all, how is everyone?
Yesterday Dixie passed away with the babies under her wing with them chirping trying to get her to wake up. I sent her off for a Necropsy in UCONN because her sudden death alarms me. Jolene seems like her behavior and is sleeping in the house. All dirty, ruffled feathers, pale, not eating. Hope she pulls through.

Ah, I am so sorry! I also have a sinus infection... my first one... yay!! 😞
I am ready to give up. Rosie finally got caught up from having to miss 2 weeks of school a month ago and she is sick again. Headache, ear ache, freezing and chest burning. My gut is telling me this is a sinus infection. It has been unseasonably warm and things are blooming a good 2 weeks early. I did keep her home as she was up half the night with her ear hurting. Will try to get her in with her doctor, I refuse to go back to that after hours clinic. I promise, if I hear strep or worse again I will cry.

Back
Top Bottom