Oh that’s wonderful! Hopefully this is just Something that will work itself out, have to say Blanche freaked me out last year with all those soft eggs, but this past week I have recieved 2 nice eggs from her.

I really thought she was done laying. Seems her hiatus from laying maybe did her good…?

Did you find out anything about hormone treatment for her?
I have read a bunch of stuff and there are different views. Still reading.
But I can’t yet find a vet who will do it for me. Still looking.

This fine man is Russell. I don't know how, but he slit his toe open completely. It was dripping blood.
I was going to let him and a few of his sibling out, and then let the originals out after, and I saw him holding his foot up.
It took about 20 minutes to slow the bleeding down, even slightly.
Poor little guy. I hope he makes it. He is quite weak. He lost a lit of blood.
I gave him some sugar water, along with some normal water.
View attachment 3436927
I sure hope he pulls through. :hugs :hugs

Always the same leg?
Mine often stand like that because …. Well I have no idea really! Maybe because they can!
Mine do when it's cold outside. I think they hold them against their bodies to warm them up.

My Brahma once hurt her foot though and she held up her foot at that time. She is not the most coordinated and I think she hurt it jumping off the roost. I have a nice soft hay bale for her to jump onto now.

At the time, I didn't know about giving aspirin and just soaked her legs in Epsom salts. It eventually got better. I still lift Isabella off the roost if I get out there before the sun is up (not possible during summer in the Land of the Midnight 🌞).

Mugshot Monday!! Here are some good ones I’ve gotten

89A25D8D-1C80-4AD2-BB1B-486E8D957BCD.jpeg
8C53538B-1143-4455-B540-AE29E5C57FEB.jpeg
7A93DBBA-C90C-4404-A6E9-20AE5AD012FB.jpeg
6886853C-CA09-4A82-85CF-7EAF5B215D97.jpeg

Also, a photo of Percy committing an actual crime: bread theft
E0F9920D-9B0E-4911-9806-6ABF296CB18F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom