Crispy Snow
This is what happens to snow overnight, it freezes solid, during the day it becomes quite soft and slushy, the holes the horses hooves make create a hazard for both me and the horses walking in the early morning, not to mention the crust scratches the horses heels and can make them bleed.

Nasty evil white stuff. Fortunately we don't get it that bad too often where I am - not at all this past winter.
I love the rolling in the snow - I had no idea horses would do that!

Nasty evil white stuff. Fortunately we don't get it that bad too often where I am - not at all this past winter.
I love the rolling in the snow - I had no idea horses would do that!
Oh yes they roll all the time, help get rid of old hair, or they roll in mud helps keep the flies from biting.

Truly has been having a real hard time getting up the past few years which is why she won’t lay down in the stall. Poor old gal, her back and hocks are bad.

Tax
Got another Blanche egg and a silkie egg not sure who’s it is, will see who else lays an egg today. It was in the bottom nestbox and Marty came out of it this morning, so if she doesn’t lay an egg today it is likely hers. But Fluffy roosted there last night….

image.jpg

Regardless of who laid it, it will go o to the bator this weekend. I just want to make sure I have a couple of Marty eggs for me (yea Rebecca you heard right, i ma hatching some Marty eggs) ❤️

Crispy Snow
This is what happens to snow overnight, it freezes solid, during the day it becomes quite soft and slushy, the holes the horses hooves make create a hazard for both me and the horses walking in the early morning, not to mention the crust scratches the horses heels and can make them bleed.

Maybe get the horses some snowshoes? :idunno

Back
Top Bottom