I my goodness she is absolutely gorgeous, love that gleaming white and those wattles ❤️

I have been known to be wrong! Please let me know - it is a fav of mine - tho sleep ones are getting top of list lately 😳

Lovely, thanks for sharing! Beauty is as beauty does 😊

Are you still planning on getting chicks? Or has that plan been kiboshed??
I don’t know. We keep having crazy weather here that’s putting a wrench in the breeders plans. I also learned that it is a Bella Leghorns, or not sexed until they’re older. I want chicks I can raise from little babies. There’s another place called Alchemist, but it’s a few hours away, I think.

:eek:@micstrachan 4 hens, out of how many?:eek: That sounds like a REALLY high ratio:eek:, unless I'm mistaken about the total # of hens you have owned.:hit

This is so not right!:mad:
I’ve had seventeen in total so far, so ten deaths in seven years of keeping chickens (all hatchery stock). The others were mostly egg yolk peritonits, with two fatty liver hemorrhages and a couple unknown causes of death, one of which was a two-week-old chick. The other was also probably cancer. Or maybe organ failure. So four or five cancer cases out of seventeen birds. Only two were actually confirmed by necropsy.

I’ve read repeatedly on BYC that a lot of hens get cancer. I didn’t want to believe it, but now I have no choice. 💔

I don’t know. We keep having crazy weather here that’s putting a wrench in the breeders plans. I also learned that it is a Bella Leghorns, or not sexed until they’re older. I want chicks I can raise from little babies. There’s another place called Alchemist, but it’s a few hours away, I think.
Alchemist Farms? Thats where my crew came from :)

My EE’s were supposed to come next week but the weather has been so bad that they haven’t been able to get my order in.

Wow crazy weather, it is just not warming up here anytime soon. Planting will be delayed here 😳 the farmers won’t be happy.

Weather whining tax
Not sure who this is from my nieces flock
View attachment 3444455

At any rate she will be likely coming to my place.

Sorry @Ponypoor, but you just triggered MY weather whining. The following picture was just barely taken from my front door. Keep in mind that we had a two-day warm spell (well, at least above freezing) a few days ago that melted about 8 inches of the snowpack.

20230326_111119.jpg

Oh, and hello to you all! I don't manage to drop in very much these days, but I do occasionally lurk for a few minutes.

Tax:
20230210_130522.png

Sorry @Ponypoor, but you just triggered MY weather whining. The following picture was just barely taken from my front door. Keep in mind that we had a two-day warm spell (well, at least above freezing) a few days ago that melted about 8 inches of the snowpack.

View attachment 3444785

Oh, and hello to you all! I don't manage to drop in very much these days, but I do occasionally lurk for a few minutes.

Tax:
View attachment 3444789
California property for sale. Large lots full of water. You drain, you gain! :old

Back
Top Bottom