The pump is paired with my Dexcom G6 senser. The dexcom gets a new reading every 5 minutes and communicates it to the pump. Now according to my training today, the dexcom has the ability to predict what my glucose is going to be a hour in advance. If it senses it is going to be high it will automatically give insulin to prevent the high. If it senses it is going to drop it will decrease or even pause insulin delivery. The problem right now is that this becomes more accurate and effective over time as trends are somehow saved into the omnipods memory. Just starting out for the first couple days there is no trends for it to rely on.
Philippians 4:6

Actually I put him in the coop and watched to see if he could get up on his perch. He is able to, so he stays with his ladies tonight. The weather is supposed to be good tonight
That’s promising! Glad he was able to get up there.

How hard would it be to shorten it?

Monday mugs

Jasmine
View attachment 3446441

Sassy
View attachment 3446442

Coco
View attachment 3446443
So glad you are more mobile 🥰 we get to enjoy your lovely ladies.

You know I had a hip replacement last October. I just want to encourage you to put up with soreness and do the PT exercises at home if they've told you to try to. Not sharply painful, just sore? Then do them if they've said to try. You'll be dealing with soreness for awhile, because when you get good at something PT will increase the difficulty! But down the road it will be soooo much better for you. And you can actually lessen your specific pain by strengthening everything around it.

Case in point: After I recently explained to my general practitioner the progress I've made, she told me another hip replacement patient she has in her care is still walking with a cane, six months out of surgery. Otherwise able-bodied, but that person did not and does not do the exercises at home, just stays on the couch all day.

I am walking normally and even skiing pretty well now (with some soreness the next day), five months out. My strength is pretty good and improving (forward, backward, sideways), and my flexibility is almost all back. I can put a sock and slipper or shoe on my operative leg, lifting my leg to reach my foot, without pain (silly, but that's been a personal measure of progress for me!). I am keeping up with the exercises still, increasing the difficulty and challenge, my goal being getting to and maintaining the strength and agility I had before. I do them on both legs. And I will continue, because as I get older I have seen how if you don't use it, you lose it.

Take advantage of the expertise the PT people have, and the coaching they can offer you. They know what they are doing. It really makes a difference!

PT tax:
This gorgeous rooster, I've posted about him before. He traveled over a mile, up and down two hills, through the forest, fields and two dirt roads. We heard distant crowing every now and then over a few days coming from the woods. It got louder, until one morning he was outside out house. We named him Hermanos and I gave him water and cornmeal (I didn't know about cat food or tuna or anything else then). But we got him back to his tribe and ladies safely that same day. I wish I could have a rooster!
View attachment 3446438
Wow!! for you and your dedication to your PT, and 100 percent agree with the use it or lose it,

And another huge Wow for that Roo! Such a beauty.

This week, portraits of Peanut!

View attachment 3446178

@Pastel The Rooster if you zoom in you can see her inner eyelid half-covering her eye. She's in the middle of chomping something and I think it closes at some point when they peck, wrestle or grab things with their beak.
View attachment 3446179

View attachment 3446180

Peanut's floof, and Hazel hanging with her
View attachment 3446181

Right by the barn/garage door, which faces south, some things are growing and there's a few bugs.
View attachment 3446182

But there's a good eight inches of snow in the woods here, and the snowblown piles next to the driveway are pretty deep.
View attachment 3446183
I love the colour of her feathers, such beauties 💕

Then I am in good company!
my fingers have mind of their own sometimes!

Two fer Tuesday
Marty and Henny Penny backlite by the sun
55B97D4D-FD42-4A46-869B-25FCD9C10089.jpeg

Blanche and whiskers
928CB549-86DC-4841-90DD-5AB26907E99A.jpeg

And I let the crazy horses out in the back paddock yesterday, they went a bit crazy and I had to contain them to cool their jets before returning them to the back paddock.

Two fer Tuesday
Marty and Henny Penny backlite by the sun
View attachment 3446681

Blanche and whiskers
View attachment 3446682

And I let the crazy horses out in the back paddock yesterday, they went a bit crazy and I had to contain them to cool their jets before returning them to the back paddock.

Wow. What a great video. Those horses were having some fun!

Wow. What a great video. Those horses were having some fun!
Yes but I had to stop video to get them to stop running, Truly get running too fast, and with it so muddy and soft she could get a serious injury, she gets high on her own speed. You saw Reenie trip and she wasn’t even going that fast.

Non of them is in shape to be running no matter what their brains tell them 😁 (sort of like me and my Belly Dancing).

Reality Tax
Marty tells me get real hooman! Belly Dancing?!

B5DE0E7E-2B13-4ED2-BA52-F54CC15CCABB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom