Good morning everyone. Well, made it through the night with one of the most stable and steady glucose range I have saw in a long time. I had a 7 hour period of it hovering between 100 and 110. That is a perfect reading. Right now the goal is to keep it as close to 120 as possible, but my dr's future goal is to get it as close to 110 as possible. I will say I almost did a major oops at 1 this morning. Woke up to use the bathroom and in my half awake sleep I staggered to the fridge and made it to the kitchen table. In my head I had fallen asleep and forgotten my shot. Thankfully I came to my senses and remembered nope, you have the pump go back to bed.

health tax
"you are near the corn barrels, we demand corn now!"
View attachment 3446803
Wonderful news!

Final candle this morning and the turner was removed. We are now in lockdown. 23 eggs went in, I just tossed 4 that were infertile. 2 of the cochin eggs and 2 of the Marans eggs were bad. I am happy to report that 3 cochin eggs, the goose egg and more importantly at least 2 Baby eggs made it to lockdown. The doubts about baby being fertile are now put aside.

Do you take photos on your phone?

If so you can select the option “Attach files”, if you have an iPhone it will give you options on where to find the photo you too.

Choose “Photo library”

Select the photo you want and click “Add”

Next a small image of the photo will be seen with you message, you will see the word “Insert” on the image - click that, and select “Full image”.
The photo will be shown full size in your message 😊

View attachment 3446284
View attachment 3446284
Have a Walmart phone, but I am not giving up!! Took a few (67) pics last night of olive, olive egger, threw most away. I do have a computer as well. Might be easier for me there.

Have a Walmart phone, but I am not giving up!! Took a few (67) pics last night of olive, olive egger, threw most away. I do have a computer as well. Might be easier for me there.
I find it easier on the phone because I take pictures on the phone so they are already there when you click on 'Attach files'.
The process from the computer is exactly the same, but you have to go through an extra step to get the photos onto your computer (or on accessible cloud storage).

Ask Aurora

This week’s question comes from @RoyalChick Eli

View attachment 3432344

Dear Aurora,
I know your scribe is busy on other duties, but maybe you could give this your attention when you get a chance. My hooman explained that the scribe was unavailable because of a thing called ‘werk’. I wasn’t really listening, but she explained it was something to do with being able to keep you all supplied with meal worms, so it sounded important.

Anyway, the topic I want to raise with you is very important to me and I believe also to the chicken world in general.

Before I explain more, let me remind you about myself. I am a small chicken and definitely not the leader of the pack. I am fine with that and I spend most of my time on my two main passions which are cultivating my beard and whiskers, and EATING. I should say I also enjoy flying but that is not really a hobby, it is just who I am (and no, I don’t expect I will grow out of it as RC hopes).
It is about my second passion that I am writing and a dilemma I have concerning BROCCOLI.

My hooman says it is good for me ‘that’ll put hair on your chest feathers on your beard’. In general I trust her menu recommendations - I particularly like the dried up cat food (made from venison she says), and the sunflower seeds she hides under her jacket are simply the best things on earth - but in this case I am not so sure. Bernadette, who is the boss hen here, says not to touch it.

I mean I quite like how it looks and smells. I even think I remember it from childhood. But if Bernie says no, does that mean I can’t even try it?

This is really messing with my head. I mean food is my thing. What am I to do here?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Yours, perpetually in search of a snack,
Eli

Dear Eli,

So you are one of Bernadette’s minions. Good for her. I see she took my advice and ascended to the lofty status she rightly deserved. If only the rest of the world would listen to me and honor “The Way of the Chicken” there would be fewer problems.

I also see you recognize that she is your better. That is good. Follow “The Way” and your life will be happy and fulfilled.

Broccoli. I have to say I can’t stand the stuff. No one here likes it. Give us some brussels sprouts or a cabbage any day. Hattie loves the lettuce. We really do like vegetables here.

But Broccoli………….Blech.

Put us all in the same category as that former president George Herbert Walker Bush. No thank you.

Hmmmmmm………..President Aurora………………

View attachment 3432341

The entire world would be a better place if I was in charge. I could solve that Ukraine situation quickly………………………

Sorry, drifted off there.

President Bush said, "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid. And my mother made me eat it. Now I'm president of the United States. And I'm not gonna eat any more broccoli!" Remember when you are President or Queen of your tribe, you do not have to eat broccoli if you do not want.

Now I understand your dilemma. You want to follow “The Way” and be a good minion for Bernadette. Bernadette is your better and you should follow her lead. But then there is another potion of “The Way” which covers food.

Have you ever noticed that when treats are provided or something cool is located there are no rules as to who gets the food. It is a scrum, a free-for-all. I’m sure you have seen a hen at the bottom of the pecking order running off with something cool to eat and other hens chasing after her. We lead hens try our best to remind you of your place but there are times when even Phyllis or Betty steal food from me. Heck Lady Featherington stole the best part of a piece of sushi the other day. Did I beat her up over it? No, I did not. No grudges are held. Winner Takes All is “The Way of the Chicken.” If you can grab it and eat it before someone else can take it from you, you win.

So now we have a conundrum. It seems that two pieces of "The Way" are in contradiction. Actually, they are not. Finders’ Keepers supersedes obeying your betters. When there is food to be eaten, there are no rules other than Darwin’s, Survival of the Fittest

Your problem is that your lead hen is new to the business. Therefore, she wants to control everything you do. To her if she allows you any leeway her rule is threatened. This is common in new rulers who have not had the ability to learn from another Queen how to lead others prior to ascending the throne.

You have two choices.
  1. You can wait for Bernadette to feel more comfortable in her rule and she lets up. The downside to this is that it could be years and you love food. This could be awfully hard.
  2. You can invoke Winner Takes All and eat what you want. You may get a peck over this but it does have 2 benefits, you can eat broccoli if you want and it will speed up the process of Bernadette learning that you eating some disgusting broccoli is actually not a threat to her rule.
To me it is your duty to Bernadette and all other chickens who will be a part of your tribe to choose option 2. A good minion can help a leader by reminding her of “the Way” from time to time. It is your responsibility to help her to be a better leader. If that means you get pecked for your trouble that a price you must pay for the good of all.

Therefore, I am challenging you to fulfill your purpose within “The Way of the Chicken” and eat some gross disgusting broccoli. You be your best self and go eat whatever you want and don’t let Bernadette tell you any different.

As for will broccoli put feathers in your beard? I have covered that before. Human servants will say that anything their children won’t eat that is “good for them” will put hair on their chest, give you curly hair, etc. Your human servant is just treating you like a child. She thinks that broccoli is good for you. If you want more beard feathers eat spicy food. If you want to eat broccoli, eat broccoli. If you are like those of us here at FBA and don’t like broccoli, then don’t eat it.

Aurora

View attachment 3432340

P.S. I have been thinking some more on Broccoli.

You know the only thing that Broccoli was good for is James Bond.

Hmmmmm………….James Bond………………..

Aurora…………Queen Aurora

View attachment 3432342View attachment 3432343
do you do this all the time? I laughed a lot from this, maybe I will send a letter to Ask Aurora :love to see what kind of message I get back.

I find it easier on the phone because I take pictures on the phone so they are already there when you click on 'Attach files'.
The process from the computer is exactly the same, but you have to go through an extra step to get the photos onto your computer (or on accessible cloud storage).
Do you have an i phone, mine is a $80 samsung

If it is an android phone (which it likely is from Walmart like mine is)

Select Attach files
On my phone I would then select 'Downloads'

I then see my photos I have taken with the camera.

I select the one I want and it will be automatically added to your message.

Or multiple ones - to do this click and hold on one of them till it gets a checkmark, then select the rest you want - and click 'open' - all the ones you wanted will be added to your message

Then on each photo click 'Insert' to post each photo to your message.
IMG_20230327_161043.jpg
IMG_20230327_171050.jpg
IMG_20230327_171039.jpg

Back
Top Bottom