do you do this all the time? I laughed a lot from this, maybe I will send a letter to Ask Aurora :love to see what kind of message I get back.
Just so you know, Aurora only answers letters from chickens. When are you getting your new chicks/chickens? Once they come, you can have one of them ask her a question! She picks a letter she feels inclined to answer, and responds on Wednesdays.

Be sure to include a picture of the chick/chicken asking the Question!

P.S. If you have a neighbor who has chickens, you could be a scribe for one of their questions, too. Again, just be sure to include their photo!

Dear Aurora,

Perdita and Meeko here. It is our understanding that you are a no nonsense hen. A hen who demands and expects your wishes of no touching are met and followed through. From the very beginning we have expressed our wishes to our dense human that we do not like to be touched. We have shrieked, growled bit and sounded like we were demon possesed to get our points across. Meeko even took it a step farther when she was younger by trying to sleep on the horses so she would not carry us to the coop. We are laying now. Why is it that our human thinks this private time in the nest box is a perfect chance to pet us. Once again we have to resort to sounding like angry demons from down under and bite her. Does this stop her, no it does not. Instead she keeps petting us, ruffling up our feathers and even reaching under us. What else is there left to do? Do we go all momma hen on her and attack her? Do we give up and allow this dreadful petting? Surely that cannot be the answer. If we allow petting before we know it we will be like our Queen and packed around everywhere. That just seems so beneath us and insulting. We have legs and we can use them thank you. What are 2 young anti-human touching hens supposed to do?

Respectfully yours,
Ready to break bad.
Perdita and Meeko

DSCN0496.JPG
DSCN0497.JPG

I feel like such an idiot!!!!!
Why?

You don't know what you don't know,
till you need to know what you don't know!

Once you do this a couple times you will get the hang of it. Even I get turned around with computers/cellphone/tablets, etc. (and I worked in IT for a very long time!).

💕

Dear Aurora,

Perdita and Meeko here. It is our understanding that you are a no nonsense hen. A hen who demands and expects your wishes of no touching are met and followed through. From the very beginning we have expressed our wishes to our dense human that we do not like to be touched. We have shrieked, growled bit and sounded like we were demon possesed to get our points across. Meeko even took it a step farther when she was younger by trying to sleep on the horses so she would not carry us to the coop. We are laying now. Why is it that our human thinks this private time in the nest box is a perfect chance to pet us. Once again we have to resort to sounding like angry demons from down under and bite her. Does this stop her, no it does not. Instead she keeps petting us, ruffling up our feathers and even reaching under us. What else is there left to do? Do we go all momma hen on her and attack her? Do we give up and allow this dreadful petting? Surely that cannot be the answer. If we allow petting before we know it we will be like our Queen and packed around everywhere. That just seems so beneath us and insulting. We have legs and we can use them thank you. What are 2 young anti-human touching hens supposed to do?

Respectfully yours,
Ready to break bad.
Perdita and Meeko

View attachment 3446936View attachment 3446938
oh I want to send Aurora a message. I will see if my nighbor will let me send a picture of their chickens and ask aurora a question.

I have 2 mystery eggs here, a pink Silkie egg which I think is Curly's.... but no others silkie wants to lay an egg today so can't be sure.

And then there is a lovely blue-green egg that I cannot place: Whiskers, Misty and Buttercup have all laid eggs today. I am thinking it is maybe old Penelope, or Dorothy, leaning more towards Dorothy… I will hold both for comparison for tomorrow’s nestbox dramatics.

37A35A25-2D49-4D38-A727-B79777A6E200.jpeg

Dear Aurora,

Respectfully yours,
Ready to break bad.
Perdita and Meeko

View attachment 3446936View attachment 3446938
Nice to see others hang their horseshoes on a milk crate hahahaha

Meanwhile, I once again fell asleep in the lawn chair, and woke to my kiddos in the horses paddock and making for my neighbour’s place!

I bought the red bowl of scratch grains though and they were quick enough to run back home 💕

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom