Video Taken Down

YouTube has decided to take down the video of the fight between Hattie and Aurora from a few years back because "Content showing the malicious infliction of physical or psychological harm to animals isn’t allowed on YouTube."

I appealed on the ground that it was educational, not malicious in any way, and was denied.

Therefore, as of this moment, I am shutting down my YouTube channel. If I cannot find another means by which to share videos I will no longer be doing so.

Of course I am emotional at this point and may change my mind once I calm down but I can't see letting them make money off my content when they have accused me of maliciously inflicting physical or psychological harm to my girls.

The speed by which my appeal was denied was frightening. It was very clear they did not care to hear my thoughts. They had already made their minds up.

I do not take this accusation lightly. I will be consulting attorneys today but I expect that they will tell me I would be tilting at windmills to try and fight them on this.

I encourage you every time you view a video on YouTube to remember what they accused me of doing. I will never forget it.
Hugs… YT is a weird place. There’s a lot of nasty animal content out there, a lot… that is highly monetized (reptile channel I watch frequently calls this out, including actual harm to things like Burmese pythons and iguanas in the the southern states… and rescue videos where they do things like glue barnacles to freshwater turtles and pretend to “save” “sea turtles”) we all know you in no way would ever harm your ladies… I’m thinking it could be the “for kids” rating (you can disable comments without actually labelling for kids) because I’ve seen far worse out there than a little hen fight.

Terrifying News

I have a respiratory outbreak.

So far 3 of my 7 are showing symptoms. Lady Featherington is the worst with a mucous-style rattle in her throat. Her lungs are clear at the moment. Aurora has a raspy voice, and Sydney is sneezing. In fact all three are sneezing. The three of them spend most of the day together and roost together along with Glynda. So far Glynda is showing no symptoms.

Hattie, Betty and Phyllis are not showing symptoms.

I first noticed symptoms on Thursday. If this is bird flu then they will likely be showing serious symptoms today. So far they are acting like normal chickens.

So what have I done. Because Hattie, Phyllis and Betty don't sleep with the core 4, I have decided to separate them. It's probably too late but I want to at least give them a chance. I have the space and ability to do it so why not.

Glynda remains with the 3 sick hens. There is no way she has not been exposed and I am not going to risk her being a carrier and exposing the other 3 if they have not already been exposed.

On the chance that this is bacterial, say mycoplasma, I am treating the symptomatic chickens with enrofloxacin (Baytril).

I have decided to not test for viral pathogens because if it is viral, there is nothing I can do anyway. Once I have started treating with antibiotics I need to complete the course anyway.

Today will be day 3. If it is bird flu there should be significant symptoms. If not, it does not mean they do not have bird flu but their odds improve. There is very little knowledge on what happens to chickens if you do not cull immediately upon symptoms.

I have not taken anyone to the vet because she would immediately test for bird flu. If it is bird flu they would cull them all on me even if they have no symptoms. Also there is little she can do besides test and treat with antibiotics like I am.

Needless to say I am very worried. It is strange to wish a bacterial infection upon your chickens but that would be the absolutely best outcome at this point.

I am sharing this so you know what is happening and why I might be distracted or unavailable. I am very fearful that I am about to lose them all.

Please know that I believe I am plotting the best course possible for my ladies. It may all be for naught but I am doing all I can do with the resources at hand and knowledge I have.

Obviously I will update as I can but if I am not on BYC much you know why.
Bob, know all our Prayers are with you and your girls… if there is anyone able to bring them through this it’s you.

Soooooooo cute ❤️ Thanks for sharing 💕

Penelope was in the nest box this morning and if she laid an egg I was going to go get my nieces incubator and throw her egg and a couple Marty eggs in ❤️

Penelope is 7 yrs old now.
OK have the egg in hand.... it's a gorgeous blue egg, nice hard shell well shaped. Just begging for an incubator. What to do what to do what to do........

If someone went broody right this instant I would pop those eggs under them so fast….

D083FD2C-51FF-4DAE-A5C2-F0FB62EA2982.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom