Hello everyone

Would anyone be able to give me a reminder of flea treatment please. I've dusted my girls but I'm getting these little black fly looking things all over me as I pick them up.

These things look more like flies too me to be honest, but maybe @Bob @RoyalChick or @Ponypoor would know better as well as our knowledgeable Alex. These things may well be grass flies or fleas I really don't know. I just don't want them on me or my birds

I have to purchase in the UK of ebay so I'll need to find the names of equivalent products
Do chickens even get fleas?

Someone more knowledgeable than I will need. To answer this 👍

Baby mugs 😍

Hi, I am new here! My name is Chukki and my human says that I am the friendliest chick she has met in her whole entire life!
IMG_20230525_085248809_HDR.jpg

My name is Beatrice and I have very fuzzy legs. Actually I am fuzzy all over!
IMG_20230519_201145290_HDR~2.jpg

I am Regan. When our human gave us hard boiled egg for the first time, it was NEW! Even though it was NEW, I was brave and tried it first. It was SO GOOD that I had to run all over the place to make sure no one got mine! It was SO FUN!!
IMG_20230519_201419592.jpg

I am Cordelia. I keep trying to have a bath on a towel. I don't know why when I do that my human puts me in a bowl of dirt. :confused:
IMG_20230526_104952871_HDR.jpg

I am Viola. I am tiny and have had some health problems, but I am hanging in there! When I wasn't feeling well, I spent most of my time resting on my toy poodle.
IMG_20230526_105017380.jpg

I am Goneril and my human says that I am "energetic" and "spicy." At first, I bit Viola's sore foot but my human said, "No, Goneril!" and she pecked me on my back! I don't do that anymore 😇.
IMG_20230520_110224596.jpg

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I’m feeling great, and the eyesight has improved since the surgery. Wow, I can see for miles away, and I’m going to test my eyesight today. 🛩️ Paul will be watching over my home while I’m out. Destination, Orange County Airport. California ( not far away )
:thumbsup

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I’m feeling great, and the eyesight has improved since the surgery. Wow, I can see for miles away, and I’m going to test my eyesight today. 🛩️ Paul will be watching over my home while I’m out. Destination, Orange County Airport. California ( not far away )
:thumbsup
So glad for you!

so, other than eating🍲 at Ikea, what are you doing on your vacation in Austin?🏊‍♂️swimming?🎼🎼concerts?🐟aquarium/science centers/museums????🏇🐮🤠rodeos?

Vaca vocalization tax:
Then:
View attachment 3521903

Now:
View attachment 3521905

And, yes, 3 of them are showing signs of puffy cheeks! Aurora would be proud :)
Wow doesn’t take them long to stop being babies and start looking like chickens 😊 isn’t it amazing?!

It wasn't intrusive. I am ready to introduce them now. I will admit that it was not as much fun the first week and each morning I was worried if she would still be alive.

Once I dug a hole for her grave, she started eating! My friend said that maybe digging the hole is like when you are prepared and bring your umbrella, it doesn't rain! Either way, I am really happy to see her improving ❤️‍🩹.
Just a little extra TLC sometimes does wonders. 💕❤️

Rat 🐀 wars update:

Failed first mission: There is NO and I mean NO dry ice to be found within a reasonable driving distance to me. I called every grocery store, Walmart, tractor supply, rural king, gas stations, and even the fire department as it is used in fire fighting sometimes, none to be had. I was so disappointed. The only way I can get it is to drive 2 hrs away to get it. Deep sigh 😔

Down but not defeated: We pulled up the picnic table top we had buried under the coop floor to help keep larger predators from burrowing into the coop. Under that we found a nest and destroyed it, killed all the babies we could find. We then flooded the tunnels.

Fall back until reinforcements arrive: I have ordered an electrocution type trap and will bait it. I suspect I will have to resort to poison in tamper proof bait boxes as they are so numerous and today we saw several generations worth of them.

I will end with one word: ICK
I have no idea where in Ohio you live, but I think the kinds of stores you are checking out are the wrong ones!
Try this
or This
@BY Bob clued me into AirGas (an another company - don't remember the name atm). I get it somewhere else locally, but when I put in the airgas name + dry ice, trusty old eaves-dropping google suggested others!

Back
Top Bottom