Watching the interactions on @Ponypoor’s video made me realize that Eli and the Pentagonists interact in a very similar way. So maybe she really does think they are her babies.
Either way, I am happy to have my beautiful green chicken back - I missed her company while she sat on her nest all day.
Here she is checking that everything is safe for her babies.

E21E29F8-07EA-49C7-BD74-389AC3CED321.jpeg

Watching the interactions on @Ponypoor’s video made me realize that Eli and the Pentagonists interact in a very similar way. So maybe she really does think they are her babies.
Either way, I am happy to have my beautiful green chicken back - I missed her company while she sat on her nest all day.
Here she is checking that everything is safe for her babies.

View attachment 3524514
If nothing else she has taken to baby sitting them. Even though they are getting a late start there is much she can teach them. It would not surprise me to soon see her trying to get them to roost beside her. No matter how long this lasts watch their interactions. This will give you a idea of how good of a mother she would be if in the future you do let her hatch.

If nothing else she has taken to baby sitting them. Even though they are getting a late start there is much she can teach them. It would not surprise me to soon see her trying to get them to roost beside her. No matter how long this lasts watch their interactions. This will give you a idea of how good of a mother she would be if in the future you do let her hatch.
Yes - I find it totally amazing to watch, so I am doing so every minute I can. She is still sleeping in the nest box beside them. If she teaches them to roost in the rafters I might lose my mind!

Teaching Pooh to look for traffic before crossing the road maybe?

D9693B58-FCA1-4D8E-9278-C45FAE788880.jpeg

Yes - I find it totally amazing to watch, so I am doing so every minute I can. She is still sleeping in the nest box beside them. If she teaches them to roost in the rafters I might lose my mind!

Teaching Pooh to look for traffic before crossing the road maybe?

View attachment 3524581
I’m finding the littles from next door, in the rafters of my coop. It’s the way of the chicken!

I’m finding the littles from next door, in the rafters of my coop. It’s the way of the chicken!
Oh boy! They really have moved in then?
I don’t believe my littles have the ooomph to get that high up. But then again Sylvie did fly past my head and I have no idea where from!

Back
Top Bottom