We are fully aware of the situation there with the fires 🔥 and we just want to make sure everyone is safe and well.
Thing is, these are just the start of the birth pangs that will be coming. I suggest that we all pray 🙏 for each other
And I can just bet that it will be another mild winter out there. Meanwhile I bet here in my part of the country it will likely be a miserable winter with a lot of snow - and you know how much I just love snow…

Always feast or famine with the weather 😢

Same here! So far they are holding up alright. I have an emergency indoor coop set up for them if I need to bring them inside. I just checked on them as the flooding has picked up.

Had some wet bedding so I quickly removed it and refreshed it with dry bedding & added a towel to block where the rain was starting to get in. Debating about having them inside overnight. What y’all think?
Welcome to FBA! I say, if you would sleep better with them in tonight, and you are already set up with a coop inside, then why not bring them in?

My chooks are freaking out because of the rain. They are not used to being let out to roam the yard in the rain. I have stopped a few arguments among them so far today. (Jaffar is causing some problems with his hens) and what a grumpy old rooster he can be! :barnie:tongue
Haha - my kiddos don’t do rain, first drops of rain and it’s a race to get inside 😁 - wimps!

@Mutha_Clucka thinks I’m kidding? I’m not. I have my chooks inside all the time.
And I don’t order any pizza. I have a frozen one I can cook for that! :old
@Mutha_Clucka - he is telling the truth he brings his chooks inside all the time 😊 his Roo gets steak, and he cooks spaghetti for them. 🥰

Welcome to FBA! I say, if you would sleep better with them in tonight, and you are already set up with a coop inside, then why not bring them in?
Yes I agree, I also would bring them in if I was set up for it, and make me feel better ❤️

Jailbreak at Chickatraz!

Newly installed perch + lots of calisthenic wing flapping exercises for two days = this...
View attachment 3614499

Then this.....Gauging height + distance
View attachment 3614497

Bingo! She was short, but hooked her chin on the top edge and with tremendous effort, flapping like mad, pulled and climbed up.
View attachment 3614496

This one got a closer launch spot and easily managed, but her perch was really wobbly. Third one left behind started peeping but then blasted up too. Soon they got up on my shoulder, which I loved. Can't say I was anxious to get the top on, I want them flying!
View attachment 3614498

Got them to bed by lowering the lights, putting them in again, then getting down right next to the brooder plate and calling them. They hopped down. Stuck my arm in the lower hatch opening there, tapped on the warm side, & cupped the kiddos next to my hand under there. Little beaks in my fingers, love it! ❤️
So darling!

Haha - my kiddos don’t do rain, first drops of rain and it’s a race to get inside 😁 - wimps!

@Mutha_Clucka - he is telling the truth he brings his chooks inside all the time 😊 his Roo gets steak, and he cooks spaghetti for them. 🥰

Yes I agree, I also would bring them in if I was set up for it, and make me feel better ❤️
Haha thanks y’all! I appreciate it. I’m a mix between wondering if I should leave them be and not over think it and wanting to be extra proactive to keep them healthy and safe. Imma keep checking on them and will just bring them in for the night if it will help me sleep. Lol

Oh and Welcome! You are new to this thread and we welcome you here. We are a chatty bunch and love to show our chickens photos ❤️

We would love to see some photos of yours when you get a chance 😊
Absolutely !! Im Bri, I’m 28 from Los Angeles. I’m still getting use to this app so I apologize if I’m all over the place. Hehe here are some photos of my flock & one of my coop. Only have 4 pullets, 23 week old EEs. They have redder combs and faces now, these photos were from a few weeks ago. They are named Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Judy. 🤣

Attachments

• 97A9A62D-B18A-4A58-9728-45A82EC1EF77.jpeg
    97A9A62D-B18A-4A58-9728-45A82EC1EF77.jpeg
    634.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 06EEEE98-F9DB-4F30-8884-A6FE6728FFDB.jpeg
    06EEEE98-F9DB-4F30-8884-A6FE6728FFDB.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 54C82E56-5391-425E-9AF9-FF6D69EAB193.png
    54C82E56-5391-425E-9AF9-FF6D69EAB193.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 2479760C-7249-4AB9-B74A-528FC3198D7D.jpeg
    2479760C-7249-4AB9-B74A-528FC3198D7D.jpeg
    711.3 KB · Views: 6
Pony Sunday
I don't normally have photos for Pony Sunday but here are some interesting ones.

Hornet's nest at my neighbors house. They are leaving it there.
20230727_090256.jpg

Tortoise laying eggs on a hillside in the neighborhood.

20230726_083411.jpg

And sadly, a yellow jacket nest in the hillside next to our steps. I had to eliminate them they were too close and too aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom