It is two bins. I have a tile between them so it is easy to pull the top one out if I need to clean it.
Cleaning was more of an issue when Diana was alive because she always laid eggs without any shell.
And the reason I need to double up is that if I take the whole thing out I have to shuffle stuff around to fit it back in and get the bedding out of the way. This way I just lift out the top. Clean it out. Restock with bedding and pop it right back. They are dishwashing bowls.
Very clever! I do recall now. So the nestbox stuff gets kicked around and does look like it wedges between the neighbor bins. I’ve just noticed, your picture is from the back of the nestbox. Is it a repurposed cabinet? And your access is from the Servant’s side, from the storage area that Eli once found herself in?

It was in reference to his Wine. I don't imbibe. I do, however, guzzle H2O.

But, yes, I have also had IVs on occasion - one most recent was with a 2 day hospital stay last week that still didn't seem to shed light on my reason for being there and then being admitted. :(

Tax: My dream chickens (not in any particular order):
View attachment 3661579
View attachment 3661582
View attachment 3661583
View attachment 3661586

View attachment 3661587

View attachment 3661590
View attachment 3661592

Heritage BRs, Dark and Buff Brahmas (I like the light, too, but they are much more easily seen when free ranging.) Buff Orpingtons (though I'm open to other colors, this is all I've had, and I love them), Americaunas/Easter Eggers - love their Muffs and variety of colors in my flock; Welsummer.

Sorry @RebeccaBoyd I like the Copper Marans and Cuckoo Marans, but the Welsummers are just so friendly and lay SPECKLED eggs. Astralorps are good too, but had to draw the line somewhere - or next I would be adding polish and silkies, too!
I hope you’re feeling better this week! Those Buff Orpingtons look like English Heritage Orpingtons, maybe that’s not the accurate name? But a heritage line of the original Orpingtons, not the modern version - bigger, heavier, rounder, shorter legs, bigger fluffy butts, a deeper, richer yellow buff color, beautiful! They are less heat tolerant though. Which I consoled myself with while I was looking at a breeder’s web site…
1697594986332.png

It was in reference to his Wine. I don't imbibe. I do, however, guzzle H2O.

But, yes, I have also had IVs on occasion - one most recent was with a 2 day hospital stay last week that still didn't seem to shed light on my reason for being there and then being admitted. :(

Tax: My dream chickens (not in any particular order):
View attachment 3661579
View attachment 3661582
View attachment 3661583
View attachment 3661586

View attachment 3661587

View attachment 3661590
View attachment 3661592

Heritage BRs, Dark and Buff Brahmas (I like the light, too, but they are much more easily seen when free ranging.) Buff Orpingtons (though I'm open to other colors, this is all I've had, and I love them), Americaunas/Easter Eggers - love their Muffs and variety of colors in my flock; Welsummer.

Sorry @RebeccaBoyd I like the Copper Marans and Cuckoo Marans, but the Welsummers are just so friendly and lay SPECKLED eggs. Astralorps are good too, but had to draw the line somewhere - or next I would be adding polish and silkies, too!
I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better now. :hugs :hugs :hugs

I have also fed chickens to my chickens, more than once. Our elderly neighbour gives us often left overs from the food his daughters cook for him and it's usually not stuff we want to eat, so it used to end up in the chickens plate, if it wasn't spoiled.They have had rotisserie chicken, couscous, cassoulet, boar and deer stew, and a number of old pastries that I didn't dare eat, due to that supply chain.
Now my elder ladies seem to have some trouble getting indigestions so we don't do that anymore.

I have a question regarding bone broth. I hope it doesn't come out offensive. It's not a thing here, but even if it was, the cost of gaz or electricity to boil broth for ten hours would only make it worth it if you had at least five liters of broth. It would be about the cost of a good rotisserie chicken, to give a reference. So now i’m wondering if energy is cheaper in the US , if you have special bone broth kitchen appliances that use less energy, or if it's something so incredible that it's worth the bill ?
I could imagine doing it on the wood stove..on a very cold day where we would keep it going all day long...

Bone tax , Pied beau the cockerel. I took a lot of pictures of him taking poses today !
View attachment 3661675
He is gorgeous. 🥰

It's adapting to your misspellings. You know, even though you spelled it right, your wrong and you're phones right and nose the write words for every sentence.
AI will be the death of us all.

Computer death tax
20230903_191838.jpg

A 2fer from the past.

Ok, y'all, I need help deciding.

Looking at another pic for the fall pic contest. Which one?

1. First pic taken, then went for different angles
View attachment 3660135

2. Different angleView attachment 3660134

3. Zoomed in a bitView attachment 3660133

I did submit that chickadee under the tree branch pic. The contest allows up to 4 entries, and I'm wanting to be choosy, so only 1 of the above pics.

I'm thinking NOT 1, but between 2 or 3 :idunno
I like 1. It is different to the usual *fall colours* look & illustrates the fading season & coming cold really well, I think.

Back
Top Bottom