Pip is eating and drinking. She's pooped a better looking poop too. It was still small and slimy, but more of it. She's been making soft cooing noises with a little bit of trill in them.

The crate is a small dog crate, so not much room. I have a blanket on the bottom with a piece of 2x4 for her to stand/roost on. It's tall enough for her to stand upright, which she's doing, and big enough for her to turn arouonond.

I think one day inside should be enough...? She looks fine. Her eyes are bight, head is up. Or should she go back out with the flock now?

Any suggestions/opinions are welcome! This is the first time I've dealt with this problem.
Another little trick I learned along the way, was slippery elm, it helped when my girls needed to clear their vents out. Just a little mixed into wet food

1000001760.jpg

I didn't have time to take pictures today but princess had a couple of times out in the garden today. We had a really beautiful sunny day, it's back to very cold and raining now

How about probiotics and a little olive oil on her food
What does the olive oil do? I'm planning to make their mash snack today with kombucha tea.
Another little trick I learned along the way, was slippery elm, it helped when my girls needed to clear their vents out.
Where and what form of slippery elm? How does it work?

What does the olive oil do? I'm planning to make their mash snack today with kombucha tea.

Where and what form of slippery elm? How does it work?
It works for me in lots of ways, even when I've had a chest infection. But works amazingly well for food absorbing problems as well as constipation.

I purchased it in powder form. It came in a great little food tub.
Don't quote me on this, but I read that it's been used for many years way back by the native Americans.

View attachment 3746305
I didn't have time to take pictures today but princess had a couple of times out in the garden today. We had a really beautiful sunny day, it's back to very cold and raining now
Glad she had some time outside, and your other two also 😊💕

Back
Top Bottom