Wow she really did gain some spots over her molt! What a gorgeous girl! Jubileeā€™s really do grow up slower than most. She is all grown up now and she is beautiful šŸ˜
She also different than Hattie in that she is Fluffy while Hattie is sleek. Hattie's feathers are right next to her body like Glynda or Phyllis. Lady Featherington is Fluffy. You can stick the width of a hand in her feathers and not touch her body.

New Nest box - none of girls would use the lovely nest boxes I purchased last year and they were all laying in the bedding in the coop instead. We decided to try this and they absolutely love it. I may end up putting in a divider but for now all seems well. The big girls (the jubilees) seem particularly happy about the space.
View attachment 3746873
Some photos from today:
Lore:
View attachment 3746876
Flours fluffy butt:
View attachment 3746877
Brownie and Flour paling around
View attachment 3746878
Brownie came to visit me:
View attachment 3746880
Look behind the tree šŸ˜‚
View attachment 3746881
Action shots:
View attachment 3746882
View attachment 3746883
Avalon:
View attachment 3746884
Most of the crew pecking around:
View attachment 3746887
Great photos! šŸ‘

She also different than Hattie in that she is Fluffy while Hattie is sleek. Hattie's feathers are right next to her body like Glynda or Phyllis. Lady Featherington is Fluffy. You can stick the width of a hand in her feathers and not touch her body.
That is like Bernie and Tassels. Both are big and quite imposing. Bernie however is all chicken whereas Tassels is covered in clouds of fluffy air!

My guess is the American Orp vs English Orp difference. American Orps are a little smaller in overall stature and significantly less fluffy. IMO neither are better just different. We get a mix of the two here in the states unless you go to a breeder where the lines are more likely to be verified than at a large hatchery.

I wanted big and fluffy so I went hunting for the English version. My jubilees are supposedly descended from two separate flocks imported from England. Whether they really are or not who knows but they got me to pay more for the eggs šŸ˜‚ They are big and super fluffy though just like LF is!

Back
Top Bottom