I am myself not a huge fan of silkies but this beauty makes me reconsider! She is so pretty and those blue ears šŸ’™ what a cutie šŸ„°
Silkies are devious little trouble makers they look all innocent and act like they are so hard done by, then the next thing you know they jump on you lap grab your bagel and take off with it! And donā€™t think they canā€™t run!

Right Fluffy?!
37B023F5-1637-41D6-84DB-55665502A551.jpeg

I went out to bash the snow off the newly installed hawk netting in the chicken garden.
Quite an adventure. I measured the snow at just about 8ā€ and it is still snowing hard.
The netting is holding up quite well - basically the PVC flagpoles are very bendy. I bashed the snow off and I think it will cope with the rest of this storm.
Lots of snow inside the chicken runs. And one of their hardware covered runs is so caked in snow that the dirt underneath is snow free. They are standing in there and lapping up the snow from the underside of the hardware cloth!
They really like pecking at snow but had ZERO interest in joining me in the ankle deep stuff outside.

View attachment 3746866View attachment 3746867
Beautiful - please keep it and enjoy it šŸ˜Š

Oooo- T-REX footprints!

I love these photos! So cute to see their little trackā€™s everywhere.
It was a really lucky photo - just the right amt of snow at the time šŸ˜Š I might do chicken tracks in the cement edging this Spring - if one of them cooperates and walks nicely on it ha! And doesnā€™t poop on it šŸ˜³

New Nest box - none of girls would use the lovely nest boxes I purchased last year and they were all laying in the bedding in the coop instead. We decided to try this and they absolutely love it. I may end up putting in a divider but for now all seems well. The big girls (the jubilees) seem particularly happy about the space.
View attachment 3746873
Some photos from today:
Lore:
View attachment 3746876
Flours fluffy butt:
View attachment 3746877
Brownie and Flour paling around
View attachment 3746878
Brownie came to visit me:
View attachment 3746880
Look behind the tree šŸ˜‚
View attachment 3746881
Action shots:
View attachment 3746882
View attachment 3746883
Avalon:
View attachment 3746884
Most of the crew pecking around:
View attachment 3746887
What is that behind the tree?!

They are looking gorgeous šŸ˜ŠšŸ’•

I am myself not a huge fan of silkies but this beauty makes me reconsider! She is so pretty and those blue ears šŸ’™ what a cutie šŸ„°
I love my silkies. I am really surprised on how much I adore them considering in the beginning I was so anti-silkie. Rosie wanted them, I thought they were ugly and never happening. I can say it now, I was wrong and she was right, we needed silkies. I think your little boy would be in heaven with his own little lap silkie. Before Poppet I would have said get a chick and raise it if you want a snuggly silkie. I got Poppet at supposedly 5, I really think more like 4 months old. Within 2 days I had her won over and she wants to be on me or in my lap all the time. If you have a favorite color, odds are there is a silkie in that color too. No matter the color, you should have black skin, blue ear lobes and double toes.

Silkies are devious little trouble makers they look all innocent and act like they are so hard done by, then the next thing you know they jump on you lap grab your bagel and take off with it! And donā€™t think they canā€™t run!

Right Fluffy?!
View attachment 3747272
If it were my bagel, they better run!

Back
Top Bottom