It was a compliment. She is a black chicken and you know how I feel about black chickens!
Hattie was not upset at you. The poor feather quality comment is what ruffled her feathers.

20240205_210522.jpg

Hattie was not upset at you. The poor feather quality comment is what ruffled her feathers.

View attachment 3756338
Hmmm I see how the lavender has no dark edging on the feathers. Very interesting! I never noted that before 😊💕❤️

Her feathers look ok to me…. But then what do I know!

Doesn't mean she isn't loved :oops: :love:love:love:love:love- but you had mentioned (and some photos show) a bit of fraying on the feather ends.
Hattie does have the feather shedder gene and by the time she molts her feathers are looking pretty rough. But right now she is in her glory and her feathers are perfect.
20240224_165904.jpg

Would this be like a Palomino? One needs a chestnut horse and a Cremello which acts as the diluting gene on the Cheatnut to give that yellow body with white mane and tail Palomino.

But if you breed two palomino your have a 25% chance of a chestnut and a 25% chance of a Cremello.

If you bred two greys would one get a lavender and a black ?????
No. Lavender breeds true. Two lavenders get you lavender offspring.

Hope all is well! I’ve gotten my grades up, and I’ve been studying very hard, which is why I haven’t been here.

I’ve still not found a home for Gumbo. I’m not happy with him and I’ve been keeping him separate from the others. Multiples times I have see him attack the hens- and not breeding, just straight on attacking them. The girls run away when he comes near them and poor Crystal cowers in front of him when he is near her.

All three of my chicks have started laying eggs! I’ve gotten eight eggs a day twice in a row this week!

Crystal lays darker eggs (I’m still not sure what type of chicken she is.)

Opal lays lighter eggs, but not super light. She’s a Bielefelder for sure! I’ve wanted one for so long and I’ve finally gotten one!

Ruby is just precious. I’ve never had a pure BR, and she is just the sweetest. She lays super light eggs. I think that they are white tinted? If that’s a thing… They are big eggs too!

Bolt and BBQ have bumblefoot… I’m gonna have to treat them tomorrow. I’ve been putting it off for a few days because I don’t want to lose Bolt’s trust.

Back
Top Bottom