Ijak, hold on.
View attachment 3782423
View attachment 3782425
Unless it's sheen from the sun, he seems to have some gold on his hackles? I think I may have seen it before...
I see the glint too. Could be the sun. His comb looks much like Horus' did. He was Rrpp. Cheetah (h's father) is RRpp. EVERY one of his offspring is rose combed. Nellie (h's mother) is brown leghoen, so straight combed. I don't know enough about Rrpp combs to know if Horus' comb was typical of that (making Ijak's also Rrpp) or if it's less visually obvious.

If it's typical (big IF on that), the Ijak is only half Dom. With his fantastic barring, the other half would also be barred, getting him the double barred marks. If the glint is truly there, then the non- Dominique parent is straight combed, single barred with something gold toned mixed in and he happened to get the barred gene with just a smidgen of leakage.

If all that is the case, offspring can pop all sorts of unexpected things through throwback genes.

Of course!
1000008139.jpg

"Yay!"

Along with @RoyalChick I want go thank you too. With just a rudimentary understanding of genetics I actually followed your explanation of the possibilities at a basic level and didn’t get lost. Thank you!
Glad it's making sense. I'm educating myself on genetic terminology so having to translate it into plain English for myself to understand. Running it through my own words can make it NOT make sense.

There is indeed. April 8th. I have invited some folk to come and have tea so we can all watch it together.
I am trying to think of a good cake to bake for an eclipse party - I make really yummy cakes but I can’t decorate to save my life so it has to be simple!

Eclipse tax: busy chickens
View attachment 3782510
Round, light cake and dark frosting or dark cake and light frosting

Tax
20240310_144532.jpg
She decided to escape a roo's attentions by running under my skirt.

There is indeed. April 8th. I have invited some folk to come and have tea so we can all watch it together.
I am trying to think of a good cake to bake for an eclipse party - I make really yummy cakes but I can’t decorate to save my life so it has to be simple!

Eclipse tax: busy chickens
View attachment 3782510
Are you on the path of totality? Do you have your goggles? They need to be a specific rating, i bought these:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0CKWH55NV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Enough for may family and I, hoping for NO RAIN !

Sun tax
Baby baby babies 😊💕
B50566F5-BF05-477A-A390-940A8533F45B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom