Rewind winter for the X-teenth time
20240417_063418.jpg
Breakfast at 6, melt at 9

I'm stopping by to say good morning Bob, Marie, and all. I can't keep up with you all. This must be the most prolific thread on byc.
Janie if you wish to get a summary we post one (the “Synopsis”) once a week and you could follow that way. Each Synopsis has the previous week’s Synopsis in a link at the top to follow for any previous weeks’ events missed. Here’s last week https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-27657642

If you want to be put on a list to be notified via PM that is possible (I’m not sure, others may know, but there may be a limit to the number of accounts in a PM).

Bird breakfastView attachment 3803721View attachment 3803720Even the babies came out with everyone else. I'm not taking out the heating pads yet, but they're mostly using at night only now. (They're up on the left with Hector)
Pictures are coming soon, but I also had a "screw-you" winter today. (The winter comes back to screw you). Wind was blowing like fury last night and I got tons of snowdrifts. I got blue sky and snow at the same time. How is that possible?! Yet it has happened twice this year now. I guess it's just the weather around these parts...
Snow is tolerable (drought warnings for Alberta this year), but why didn't it rain?

I guess I won't complain. The chickens (and cats, especially) don't like it, though. The cats didn't want to get out of the barn this morning.

Janie if you wish to get a summary we post one (the “Synopsis”) once a week and you could follow that way. Each Synopsis has the previous week’s Synopsis in a link at the top to follow for any previous weeks’ events missed. Here’s last week https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-27657642

If you want to be put on a list to be notified via PM that is possible (I’m not sure, others may know, but there may be a limit to the number of accounts in a PM).
Thank you!

The Remembrance Continues

Today we are going to explore all of the roost fights that Lilly either instigated or was involved in. Some of these are epic.

This one is a long determined battle between Lilly and Hattie. I have no idea why she just did not want poor Hattie to roost that night. A very young Aurora gets some pecks as well. You will also see Maleficent :love in this video.

Yet another take down of Hattie

Here is Lilly using Jabber as protection from Patsy. Lilly had grabbed the prime spot and Patsy just could not stand it. However, what to do about that rooster in the way?

Patsy and Lilly used to have epic roosting battles. This is a good example. The tunneling technique was always a favorite.

Just so everyone doesn't think Lilly was always unreasonable towards Hattie, how about a nice quiet roosting video. You can see Aurora trying to figure out where she should roost in this one. That spider web on the right is really annoying. I remember cleaning that the next day.

Back
Top Bottom