First egg!

Betty laid her first egg! And she was so good at going into the nest box with Little Grey who then promptly stole her egg haha. But she has now joined the ranks of my Royal pink egg layers 😊

A blue Azur, Henny Penny’s and wee Betty egg
View attachment 3800153
Congrats Betty I am so proud of you.

*eye twitches* POPPET, dang-it Poppet look at this. Half silkie Betty laid her first egg at around 6 months old.
Yes I would hang my head in shame too.
DSCN2988.JPG

Your pastor gets a big bear hug from me. What little cuties. What do we have here? Looks like a Barred Rock, maybe 3 Buff orps or White Leghorns. I see a chipmunk chick hiding in the back. That little one could be anything. EE, Speckled Suspect, Wyandotte maybe, who knows? Do you know what they are Alex?
I haven’t seen them yet. Just the pictures he sent me. I don’t know how long I will be away. But I called pastor this morning and gave him a crash course on chick raising (feeding, watering, warming them, pasty butt, And the other stuff.) glad I saved all the brooder things I used before.

Weekly synopsis 4/6-4/13
Previous weeks synopsis: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-27639997

Royal Chick: Broody Girl worries - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Mugs Monday! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Eclipse photos and Piglets thoughts on the event - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Must be THIS nestbox! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Thirsty Thursday - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Fluffy Butt Friday - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Ponypoor: Pony Sunday - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Celebrating a beautiful day with the chickens - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Twofers - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Hidden stash!! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
A video and a good morning- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Thirsty Thursday- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Even more hidden eggs! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Graphic warning ⚠️, not as bad as it looks but a warning nonetheless. Mr P is being hurt by a few of the hens :( - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
A new layer, congratulations PP and Betty - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Manuelb: Pony (Cow) Sunday - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Broody fluff butts - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Grandma The Chicken: update on Grandma - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Pastel The Rooster: Guinea update- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
First chick out of its shell! So eggcited!! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Update: all chicks have hatched and seem healthy- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

LhichenChicken: confused rooster 😂- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Chicken and bunny pictures- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

SimpleJenn: a new hutch to coop project - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Twofer (we CAN both fit!) - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Rural mouse: Fox is still roaming about :( - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Funny coop drama - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Mugs Monday - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Beautiful photos - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Thirsty Thursday - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Baby fluff butts, growing fast!! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Desertvalleychickens: chick update!! -Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Chick Monday Mugs - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

RebeccaBoyd: Mugs Monday! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Twofer Tuesday- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Video of chicks heading outside 💗- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Poof trim for Ms. Poppet, before and after photos - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Rent - A - Broody (at your own risk) - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Beakbook warning ⚠️ Mama hen has started offering online courses! 😱-
Broodies everywhere!! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

BeastBaby: chick Monday mugs! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
The BIG outdoors a chick adventure- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Tussel at the fence - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Fluffy Butt Friday (baby butt included!) - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Featherhead: porch sitting - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Enjoying the sun - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
New chicks! Can’t wait to find out more! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Grandma the Chicken: Twofer Tuesday- Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Marie2020: beautiful photo of a lovely girl - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Searching for worms, where have they gone?? - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

LhickenChicken: Pips!! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Notabitail: Fluffy Butt Friday!! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

SimpleJenn: beautiful photos of her flock - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

CC’sGarden: beautiful fluffy butt photos - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'
Happy Easter wishes - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

Chicory Blue: Eventful (read chickens and husband trying to give CB heart issues) kinda day! - Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock'

*edited to give Chicory Blue’s husband back to her 😂 (Misposted her post about her husband under rural mouse)

Last edited:
So, I caved … this lone chick is just to sad 😔 I am picking these guys up this afternoon from a local breeder. They are Ameraucanas. She had bantam cochins too (deep sighh) but sadly my big roos would be too much for them.
IMG_0978.jpeg

@ Ponypoor - I called tractor supply and they said all their chicks were mixed up they had no clue as to the breeds or sex of any of any of them 🤦‍♀️ Then I called rural king who left me on hold for 21 min before I gave up. Hoover and Myers are not bad at all with the added bonus of knowing the sex but in the case of my particular TS and RK they are not we’ll organized at all.

Last edited:
So, I caved … this lone chick is just to sad 😔 I am picking these guys up this afternoon from a local breeder. They are Ameraucanas. She had bantam cochins too (deep sighh) but sadly my big roos would be too much for them.
View attachment 3800295
EEEH! They are so cute!
It’s the season of chicks 🥰

I didn’t think that chicken math was real. Oh, how I was wrong. I think I have 22 chickens now.

I have seven guineas, and I bought 12 more. They will be here in June. They are fancy colors 😍

Also, thanks for the synopsis!

View attachment 3800295
Oh my gosh so cute 😊💕 you are such a good chicken Hooman 😊

How many did you get?

EEEH! They are so cute!
It’s the season of chicks 🥰

I didn’t think that chicken math was real. Oh, how I was wrong. I think I have 22 chickens now.

I have seven guineas, and I bought 12 more. They will be here in June. They are fancy colors 😍

Also, thanks for the synopsis!
Oh NO. I finally decreased my total flock number to 20 (2 roosters, 1 broody, 2 molting), so that adds to a total of fifteen laying hens. I got fourteen eggs yesterday...

And guess what? Well, I've got fifteen new chicks (that's what became of the pips). I've got to share some photos. Gonna see if I can sell them.
The seventeen are doing well. I am looking forward to the 12 Peavey mart chicks!

(THAT'S A LOT OF CHICKENS!)

Oh my gosh so cute 😊💕 you are such a good chicken Hooman 😊

How many did you get?
Those three! Yeah i am a sucker for sure 😂. The wee chick is absolutely lost all by itself she/he just sits under the plate. When I pick her up she seems strong and lively but without friends apparently she has decided to just stay put.

So, my plan to sell the chicks is nixed due to my fertilization rate and now assuming the other chick hatches I will have a total of 5 new chickens I didn’t need. 😂 😱

Bringing my total to 18 chickens. I planned to add NO new chickens this year!!!

Lesson here is even when you plan you still end up being hit with chicken math.

Back
Top Bottom