View attachment 3799971
Adult bums, including Dottie’s on the right which is as fluffy as they come, as they’re tearing into dandelions.

View attachment 3799972
Baby bum! Pip squeak is growing tail feathers! If nothing else. She still seems so very small at a week old.
So adorable - love those wee tail feathers 😊

Your pastor gets a big bear hug from me. What little cuties. What do we have here? Looks like a Barred Rock, maybe 3 Buff orps or White Leghorns. I see a chipmunk chick hiding in the back. That little one could be anything. EE, Speckled Suspect, Wyandotte maybe, who knows? Do you know what they are Alex?
I know what they are!!!

They are adorable cute baby chickens 💕

Thought I would pull a Royal Chick move there!

Ayam Cemani egg hatched! I got to watch it 🥰 her egg is still attached to her. She’ll figure out how to get it off though.View attachment 3800057
Awww she must be exhausted after that marathon of hatching ❤️
Congratulations!

I’m going to a friends garage sale to sell stuff. Hopefully babies will be okay 🥰 and also hopefully we will have more chicks when I get back!

Also, Dad is coming back from Vegas today.
Good luck it’s the rest of the hatchings, have a great day!

Poor Mr P is pecked and bleeding again, this time on his head and his rump. This pullets are jut vicious little brats.

That’s it he will have to be separated at night so they can’t get at him to pick at him.

It’s still a storm of wind out there, so I had to keep the horses inside otherwise their hay would just blow away. I guess I better get out there and see if they are finished their breakfast. Then catch up Mr P and clean hm up.

Poor Mr P is pecked and bleeding again, this time on his head and his rump. This pullets are jut vicious little brats.

That’s it he will have to be separated at night so they can’t get at him to pick at him.

It’s still a storm of wind out there, so I had to keep the horses inside otherwise their hay would just blow away. I guess I better get out there and see if they are finished their breakfast. Then catch up Mr P and clean hm up.
Do you know who is pecking him?
So mean!

Do you know who is pecking him?
So mean!
It’s a couple of the school chicks and Sophia’s chicks - the older ladies don’t bother him at all but those youngsters are just brats

You can imagine how freaked out I was to see this again, those pin feathers bleed like crazy.
D54BFB86-212A-4DFC-987B-430A4A996319.jpeg
44F77B52-AB51-4327-938D-83B80E4CEFFD.jpeg
8EC7F7F7-838C-4E63-AEE8-9BABB496C75D.jpeg
5705E3BE-4E9C-4FF8-B0C6-81990A57E05F.jpeg

And it usually only the one feather doimg this! I find it pull it out and it will stop bleeding .

Ok I am off to do some rooster wrangling.

I just found 4 more eggs under the sheet I cover the hay bales with - brats! They crawled under the sheet, scratches out a nest and laid eggs there hahahaha.

How’s your hubby tonight?
Much better. Yesterday (Friday) he was very encouraged by lots of improvement. He could lift his knee up to hip height without pain, yay! One spot in his ribs still hurts, and he has not been icing that, and I think he set that injury back by pruning high apple tree branches with clippers (at my request :oops: but in my defense I asked him if he could do it....)

It’s a couple of the school chicks and Sophia’s chicks - the older ladies don’t bother him at all but those youngsters are just brats

You can imagine how freaked out I was to see this again, those pin feathers bleed like crazy.
View attachment 3800099View attachment 3800100View attachment 3800103View attachment 3800104

And it usually only the one feather doimg this! I find it pull it out and it will stop bleeding .

Ok I am off to do some rooster wrangling.
OMG - poor Mr.P!

Much better. Yesterday (Friday) he was very encouraged by lots of improvement. He could lift his knee up to hip height without pain, yay! One spot in his ribs still hurts, and he has not been icing that, and I think he set that injury back by pruning high apple tree branches with clippers (at my request :oops: but in my defense I asked him if he could do it....)
Gosh - tell him to not over do it, better to take a few extra days than get a set back. But it is good to be walking around and moving, the circulation will help with blood flow to the injured areas.

And these injuries happen so fast don’t they!

Back
Top Bottom