EEEH! They are so cute!
It’s the season of chicks 🥰

I didn’t think that chicken math was real. Oh, how I was wrong. I think I have 22 chickens now.

I have seven guineas, and I bought 12 more. They will be here in June. They are fancy colors 😍

Also, thanks for the synopsis!
Oh its real, I planned to add exactly zero chickens this year and now have 4 probably 5 (assuming it hatches) new ones.

I can tell both of Bolt’s chicks apart, but how in the world am I supposed to tell these three Cemani’s apart?!

It’ll be better than telling my polishes apart though!

I’m actually thinking about not naming my two EE’s after my deceased dogs.
For the Cemani’s, I’m going to have Midnight, Onyxia, and Obsidian. But what should I name the two EE’s? Something along the lines of the Cemani’s names. Perhaps RM’s space theme… hang on, I must go find that post. I’ll edit the names I want to chose for the two Bolt babies.

I looked at the link for the space names. I’m baking them after stars or constellations. I was thinking about Cassiopeia, but my instructor had a mustang named that.
I’m going with Pegasus and Phoenix.
@notabitail, Plasma is pretty. Maybe I’ll name my 12 guineas after storm stuff when I get them. Don’t hold me to my word though 😅

Last edited:
I can tell both of Bolt’s chicks apart, but how in the world am I supposed to tell these three Cemani’s apart?!

It’ll be better than telling my polishes apart though!

I’m actually thinking about not naming my two EE’s after my deceased dogs.
For the Cemani’s, I’m going to have Midnight, Onyxia, and Obsidian. But what should I name the two EE’s? Something along the lines of the Cemani’s names. Perhaps RM’s space theme… hang on, I must go find that post. I’ll edit the names I want to chose for the two Bolt babies.
Name one of Bolt's babies Plasma. That's what lightning bolts are made of (if my brain is functioning right).

Oh NO. I finally decreased my total flock number to 20 (2 roosters, 1 broody, 2 molting), so that adds to a total of fifteen laying hens. I got fourteen eggs yesterday...

And guess what? Well, I've got fifteen new chicks (that's what became of the pips). I've got to share some photos. Gonna see if I can sell them.
The seventeen are doing well. I am looking forward to the 12 Peavey mart chicks!

(THAT'S A LOT OF CHICKENS!)
Yes! That is a lot of chickens I suggest you send your Peavey chicks to me 😊

Congrats Betty I am so proud of you.

*eye twitches* POPPET, dang-it Poppet look at this. Half silkie Betty laid her first egg at around 6 months old.
Yes I would hang my head in shame too.
View attachment 3800270
Oooops I forgot about wee Poppet! 🤭

I am sure she will start laying eggs soon, tis the season were they are starting to lay eggs and go broody and such.

I would love for Fluffy and Curly to start laying those precious eggs. I have a few more weeks to start worrying, but I would like 3 eggs from each of the girls but doesn’t look good for that.

Back
Top Bottom