Glad your hubby and Diane are ok, husbands and pets are like kids šŸ˜ŠšŸ„°

I love finding their hiding spots too. The night before I only got 6 eggs so I went on a hunt and there was a perfect dozen up top of the straw stack, yesterday I almost stepped on a bunch of eggs laid on the floor next to the straw stack - they made a lovely nest there - brats!

I am ok with them layong eggs in odd places but they tend to roll off the top of the stack! Oh the chooks love that! Any broke eggs is fair game for all. Sometimes I think they just lay an egg next to the edge just to have roll down, break and be an excuse to gobble it down!!!

View attachment 3798210
I'm thankful my gang doesn't have tall stacks to lay on!!
Yup I was seriously worried about DH for a bit until we ascertained his injury was relatively manageable, probably won't be lifelong, and didn't require an ER visit. It is pretty painful to bend his leg, and he's fairly grumpy today, but this happened the day before his birthday (nice present, huh) and he's not been crazy about that either. He is gardening by planting seeds, and puttering on some fixes to his greenhouse, so he's finding ways to occupy himself that hopefully are distracting and fun.
Hazel & Popcorn
PXL_20240409_211555996.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone.
A group catching up at the water cooler and Tassels on an enforced break.
Tassels still wonā€™t drink anything. I tried syringing some water into her beak but she was not having anything to do with that idea.
The question I have is where did Tassels learn to swear like that? I mean honestly I am shocked at the words she shrieks at me!
View attachment 3798235View attachment 3798236
Simple, she has been on beakbook as @Ponypoor suggested. I am afraid though she did not pick those words up from her flock. Momma hen is on there lecturing all the young hens and pullets. She is offering 2 online seminars. The first is "Going Broody. It is every hens duty." The 2nd is "Releasing Your Inner Demon. New and Inventive words to curse your human slave."
Tassels has obviously completed both online courses and Momma Hen is proud of her student. I however apologize. Many of Momma Hens new and inventive swear words she has picked up from me over the years. I have called her everything under the sun while she has been broody. She took notes.

Simple, she has been on beakbook as @Ponypoor suggested. I am afraid though she did not pick those words up from her flock. Momma hen is on there lecturing all the young hens and pullets. She is offering 2 online seminars. The first is "Going Broody. It is every hens duty." The 2nd is "Releasing Your Inner Demon. New and Inventive words to curse your human slave."
Tassels has obviously completed both online courses and Momma Hen is proud of her student. I however apologize. Many of Momma Hens new and inventive swear words she has picked up from me over the years. I have called her everything under the sun while she has been broody. She took notes.
Well I must say I am awed by your vocabulary - I learn some new every time I haul Tassels off her nest!

Glad your hubby and Diane are ok, husbands and pets are like kids šŸ˜ŠšŸ„°

I love finding their hiding spots too. The night before I only got 6 eggs so I went on a hunt and there was a perfect dozen up top of the straw stack, yesterday I almost stepped on a bunch of eggs laid on the floor next to the straw stack - they made a lovely nest there - brats!

I am ok with them layong eggs in odd places but they tend to roll off the top of the stack! Oh the chooks love that! Any broke eggs is fair game for all. Sometimes I think they just lay an egg next to the edge just to have roll down, break and be an excuse to gobble it down!!!

View attachment 3798210
I've had someone dropping an egg in random places around the yard....including middle of the lawn...

I've had someone dropping an egg in random places around the yard....including middle of the lawn...
Hmmmm I can see it nowā€¦.

Eating breakfast, looking out and you see this thing in the yardā€¦. What is it??? After 10 minutes curiosity kicks in and you just have to see what it is.

Hmmm an egg what on earth is an egg doing here you ask yourself šŸ˜

I'm thankful my gang doesn't have tall stacks to lay on!!
Yup I was seriously worried about DH for a bit until we ascertained his injury was relatively manageable, probably won't be lifelong, and didn't require an ER visit. It is pretty painful to bend his leg, and he's fairly grumpy today, but this happened the day before his birthday (nice present, huh) and he's not been crazy about that either. He is gardening by planting seeds, and puttering on some fixes to his greenhouse, so he's finding ways to occupy himself that hopefully are distracting and fun.
Hazel & Popcorn
View attachment 3798416
Gosh I love their colouring such a rich chestnut colour, Sue is like that - a nice rich red cheatnut šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom